Did high gas prices keep you from going to Car Shows ?

Started by Learpilot, December 01, 2008, 10:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Learpilot

Did you go to less car shows because high gas prices or about the same.
I went to just as many as last year.
THANKS !!

58 Yeoman

No, I just didn't have time this year to go to ANY shows... :(
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Charlie Chops 1940

Some, but not entirely. I hauled my track roadster in the box and then camped in the box at Indy GG, Columbus GG and Bonneville. I drove the car to NSRA Kalamazoo. I probably would have done a couple more but, even though I'm retired, some other things come first.

The cost to camp took motel rooms out of the equation, so I probably fared better than when gas was "cheaper".

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

sirstude

I actually went to more runs last year than normal.  Not quite sure why, but there was a little bit of "No gas price is going to stop me from going" attitude on my part.  This year I will probably not go to so many, I really got kind of burned out last year.  Still thinking about how I am going to do Bonneville this year, suffering from withdrawal.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

couper

We drove the coupe to more shows in the past two years than the previous two in 05 and 06. Gas prices 'be damned' we were going anyway. What made this last year special was going to shows we've never been to before. It's easy to get in a rut going to the same venue over and over when it becomes familiar and especially if it's alot of fun, but breaking out and going to new locations is important to keep things fresh in my opinion. The 08 NSRA in pueblo was our first time and a real treat especially after just being at our son and daughter-in-laws wedding in Boulder the week before.
lance

Crosley.In.AZ

yes, cost of fuel has stopped me from attending a few events this year.  It was part of the larger picture.... money or the lack of

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Jokester

Probably more.  Hit the same "pay" shows as last year, but KC area has free cruise-ins almost every weekend of the summer.  Went to all of them at least once.  Some of them every month.  Best bunch of people you could ever meet... cars are nice too.

.bjb
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

river1

gas prices alone didn't but the economy and the possible affects of it on my job kept me home from bonniville. if it was JUST the gas i would have been there.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

MrMopar64

Yep...... went to alot less this year
Needed the money for other things.... Kitchen remod and such

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

tomslik

didn't make any difference to me.
don't have anything running right now.... :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

n.c.rodder

We canceled our trip to Springfield for the Mid-America Nats. My wife & I figured the money we would save from not going would easily pay for everything else we wanted to do. I also believe we ate a little cheaper when we were out of town & that off set some of the gas prices.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

HotRodLadyCrusr

Nope, gas prices be dammed.  I actually went to far more car events this year then in the past.  In fact I flew to a few as well.  The difference, I had three weeks plus 3 days paid vacation as opposed to the usual 2 weeks and 2 days.  Also, I had more disposable income this summer due to the fact I did not have to save any money for "Project Big Olds".
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Leon

I was a bit more selective, but family medical problems were more of a factor than gas costs.  Not sure what next year will bring as my father is getting worse, I will probably have to stick closer to home.  I do have reservations for Bonneville next year.

rumrumm

I chose not to go the the Nationals in Louisville, but there were other considerations besides the high cost of gasoline. I went to as many local shows as I usually do but missed the GG show in Des Moines due to having my appendix surgery. But that did not keep me down for long. It has been a weird year.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Mikej

Went to less shows and used the money to buy gas. I would rather drive than sit. Saved money on cleaning supplies also. :lol: