Edelbrock Endurashine

Started by Okiedokie, December 01, 2008, 10:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okiedokie

Since I have my Edelbrock intake off, I am considering just replacing it with one with the coating. Wondering if anyone has any experience with one with the Endurashine coating. I could bead blast the old one and have it powder coated, or maybe use a spray on coating if one is suitable. I have used VHT clear in ther past with "ok" results. I really don't care for the shine of a polished intake, or the endurashine, but I also don't care for the stained intake I removed. Any input would be appreciated. Joe

timkins

My experience with the Endura Shine manifold has not been good. Although it has not discolored any, I have experienced chipping around the bolt holes that hold the manifold down to the heads. Nothing real drastic but enough that I would think twice before purchasing again. Just my 2 cents.

Jbird

I started glassbeading them and powdercoating them with satin or semigloss clear a few years ago. They're real easy to clean and stay new looking almost forever.  I'm real tired of polished alooneyum, it's a pain to take care of.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

37fordcoupe

The Edlebrock Endura Shine process is nothing more then a three step process of a Primer Powder Coating, and then a Vapor Deposited Aluminium Layer (PVD) to look shiny and then a Top Coat Clear Powder Coat, It's less expense then Polishing to a high shine and won't Tarnish, the problem is chipping of the Powder Coating and the color doesn't match any other aluminium parts.

This process was developed by Goodrich Industries working with Dupont for the Automotive Wheel Indusrty.

Darrell
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TO MUCH SPACE

C9

Powder coat the intake.

Alumnum or not, they look good.

I did a dual quad Offenhauser in black, a single quad Edelbrock Performer in black as well as a stock low profile 68 Buick 430 cid cast iron intake in black.

Clean up is easy and quick.

Perhaps not shiny enough for some folks, but it's whats under the powder that counts....

C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Okiedokie

Thanks for the input guys. Looks like powder coat is the answer. Hey C9, d'ya beat him?

IC2

Then you could consider Jet Hot silver coating. I've done my last two that way - no discoloration or chipping. Headers (Sanderson) are Jet Hot coated as well.