Des Moines GoodGuys 7/2,3,4

Started by couper, June 18, 2004, 01:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

34ford

Hey Bill,

Did you know that the T Bucket Nationals are going to be in Omaha July 22=25.

Saw you were talking about your sons T bucket and toought you's like to know.

See ya in Des Moines if I don't forget.

bob

moparrodder

Quote from: "34ford"Hey Bill,

Did you know that the T Bucket Nationals are going to be in Omaha July 22=25.

Saw you were talking about your sons T bucket and toought you's like to know.

See ya in Des Moines if I don't forget.

bob
Bob , I had forgotten the exact date and a guy told me last year at the K.C. show that is was going to be in Omaha this year, and it will fall on my birthday weekend too.  Guess  we'll have to miss it this year cause I'm having a party that weekend,  I hit the dreaded ole 50.  I'll post some details after the fourth, would like to have a get together with maybe a poker run and BBQ. I'll keep ya posted.  Bill

Sounds Good...See everyone at 11:30! Plans have changed a bit for me...the grandson was begging to go with me to the 50's...too big of a show for a 7 year old so I said he could go to the next one.Des Moines is much smaller so I thought I'd give it a try.Our grandaughter was over for the weekend and Josh proceeds to tell her how much fun we are going to have and the next thing you know...I have two 7 year olds going with me this weekend :shock: Grandma SAYS she has to work :roll: sounds like I'll be working much harder than she!We'll take the E-Z Up and a couple of extra chairs so if anyone on foot is looking for a place to take a break...stop by and have something cold to drink and sit for a bit!With the grandkids along,probably won't have any adult beverages along though!I was leaving  Thursday afternoon but with the additional crew,I think we'll wait and go Friday morning  :wink:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

moparrodder

Quote from: "40"Sounds Good...See everyone at 11:30! Plans have changed a bit for me...the grandson was begging to go with me to the 50's...too big of a show for a 7 year old so I said he could go to the next one.Des Moines is much smaller so I thought I'd give it a try.Our grandaughter was over for the weekend and Josh proceeds to tell her how much fun we are going to have and the next thing you know...I have two 7 year olds going with me this weekend :shock: Grandma SAYS she has to work :roll: sounds like I'll be working much harder than she!We'll take the E-Z Up and a couple of extra chairs so if anyone on foot is looking for a place to take a break...stop by and have something cold to drink and sit for a bit!With the grandkids along,probably won't have any adult beverages along though!I was leaving  Thursday afternoon but with the additional crew,I think we'll wait and go Friday morning  :wink:

Daryle,  I wont tell ya that I'm bringing my personal sitter with me lol   Gail would skin me alive.   :wink:   Maybe Chad  and I will take them for a ride on the overhead gondola ride and give Grandpa a break!!!   Bill

34ford

Daryle,

My wife and I was amazed at the dad's we saw at BTTF with 2 or 3 kids (4-8 years old) in tow and no Mom in site. These were the dad's not the grandparents.
 Got to get those gear heads started at a young age. Think my 3 girls were the only kids on the block who could tell a big block from a small block. Had a stumper for them on day when we saw a Hemi and I asked them if it was a big block or small block? :lol:  They asked why they spark plugs were in the wrong place. :(  

bob

river1

i've had some friends that their wives would send the kids with dad to prevent excessive behavior and peer pressure to stay and have one more. if you know what i mean :?

most of those friends are now divorced :roll:  go figure

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

After some final instructions from Grandma..."Don't forget the kids at a rest area"..."Remember,they have small bladders"..."A balanced meal is not a Coke and a hotdog for lunch and a Pepsi and a hotdog for dinner" we're out of here! I wiped the old Cad down with some hand glaze last night...that's when you realize just how many square feet of sheetmetal it took to build one of those tanks :roll:...and loaded it like we were going on a 3 week vacation! If I show up at Yogi's Sarurday without two 7 year olds...remind me that I forgot them at the motel! See Ya!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

jaybee

Weather looks a little dodgy for Saturday, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.  New this year is a 1972 cutoff, someone told me today that they're publicly expecting over 5,000 cars.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

moparrodder

Quote from: "jaybee"Weather looks a little dodgy for Saturday, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.  New this year is a 1972 cutoff, someone told me today that they're publicly expecting over 5,000 cars.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!   The ole T bucket IS alive :D  :D   After some serious thrashing and the help of Mike J the ole barn fresh roadster breaths fire!!!  Look out Des Moines here we come!!!  We're going to finally have a rod in a show!! 8)   * the ole girl sounds sweet!!  We're leaving in about 2 hours, should pull in about 4:30 or so, I wont be hard to find, I'll be the one with blood shot eyes and look like I haven't slept in a few days.  lol  See ya there!!!!!!!!!!!   Bill, Gail and Chad