45th Anniversary

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 21, 2008, 11:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

November 22nd 1963 ..... President  John F Kennedy was assassinated ... 45 years ago.

Do you remember where you were IF you were alive?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

I was pulling into a local gas station. It was unbelievable
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

I was in a Spanish II class in high sc high school and they announced it on the PA system The teacher was the head of the Forengin language department and no one gave him credit for any feelings other than strictly his job. He broke down in tears and left the room. GPster

zzford

I was in high school. I had been sent to the principal's office ( again ). When I walked in, all the staff was gathered around a radio. The news was breaking about the presidents assassination. Everyone was in shock. They called the busses around to take the students home. Finally, the assistant principal asked me what I needed. I shook my head and said it was not that important. I then headed out the door and boarded the bus. On that tragic day, fate had intervened and had spared me a paddling.  :shock:

Grandadeo

Since high school is now a faint blur, I know I was there but in what class or form of punishment I was awaiting - I have no idea.  Sure wish I had a shape memory like you guys, but then again.....

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

mopar2dr

I was in Geometry class when it was announced over the PA. The teacher sent one of the guys to the office to confirm the news. When he returned and said it was true the teacher put his head on the desk and cried. we all just sat in silence and looked at each other in disbelief. I remember a quote after that long weekend "We will smile again,but we will never be young again."
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

tom36

USAF Vietnam.  It was in the middle of the night when we heard .

purplepickup

I was off school for deer season, sitting at a desk in my bedroom doing homework and listening to a transistor radio.  I told mom and we turned the TV on.  At 15 years old I never thought about anything like that ever happening.
George

UGLY OLDS

Gym class in high school....Even in a Vo-Tech school environment this was unbelievable  news......... :(

Bob.............  :(
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Jbird

I was a blissful freshman walking through the halls to my next class. The unblieveable rumor spread through the schools crowded halls like wildfire. An official announcement during the next class confirmed our fears. School was dismissed, most kids waited for their buses, I just wandered the four miles home in a daze. Innocence ended with a hard slap to the face.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Crosley.In.AZ

I was 9 yrs old at the time.  I knew it was bad , but did not fully grasp the weight of what had happened.

With all the versions of "what really happened" that day  1 shooter or more....  I wonder what the real story is.

I remember seeing the news reports of Oswald being shot on TV.

It is a sad - sad time in our country's history
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I was in Auto Shop Related class, my junior year
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

OldSub

I was in first grade and simply did not understand what it was all about.

A good friend of mine who went to a different gradeschool told me once that when he heard all he could think was why would someone shoot the janitor.  That was the only Kennedy he knew.

I'm married to a woman who wasn't even born yet when it happened.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

Carnut

I also was in Spanish II class in high school and just like GPster heard it over the PA system.

Heh, heh, one of the few classes I flunked.

I mostly remember getting out of school and staying home to watch the funeral on TV.

Entoman

I was only 2 years old then.  However my parents tell me that we were just outside the building when Jack Ruby shot Oswald...We lived in Dallas ifrom 60-67  We also have some movie footage my mom took at dealy plaza (sp?) the day after.

Doug

Quote from: "Crosley"November 22nd 1963 ..... President  John F Kennedy was assassinated ... 45 years ago.

Do you remember where you were IF you were alive?