Fuze blocks

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, October 18, 2008, 09:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Looks like a good start for a simple system. Price seems a bit dear. And I am not a fan of screw connectionson cars.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I see it more as a aux  type of box.  or a box for a T-bucket car...

it is pricey , seems very well built.

This was posted on a motorcycle forum.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

moose

Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks like a good start for a simple system. Price seems a bit dear. And I am not a fan of screw connectionson cars.

Why?????

Tim

chimp koose

Did any of you link to the posilock site from this one ? I don't know a lot about wiring but that system looks pretty interesting to me. Opinions please?

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"Did any of you link to the posilock site from this one ? I don't know a lot about wiring but that system looks pretty interesting to me. Opinions please?

http://www.posi-lock.com/posilock.html

i've wonder about them myself.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Quote from: "moose"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Looks like a good start for a simple system. Price seems a bit dear. And I am not a fan of screw connections on cars.

Why?????

Tim

Well, I'll tell you. Automotive wiring is for the most part multi strand wire. Those type of connections were designed for solid wire. With multi strand wire, they can "relax" and become loose, causing a high resistance. This can be reduced bu soldering the end of the wire before inserting it into the lug, but most people don't do it.

QuoteDid any of you link to the posilock site from this one ? I don't know a lot about wiring but that system looks pretty interesting to me. Opinions please?

They are very expensive if you are doing a whole car with them. they are also bulky if you have to do multiple connections. I have used them, seem to hold up ok.

I also do not like spliced wires, and do all I can to avoid them on a wiring job. If I do have to splice, I use unisulated butt connectors, crimped, ans shrink tube over the splice. done right, you won't even notice it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Learpilot

It look good for adding extra stuff.