Wedding car

Started by enjenjo, October 12, 2008, 09:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

My neice got married yesterday, she asked that I get an old car for her and her new husband to leave the ceremony in. I borrowed this from a buddy. She didn't see it until they were leaving. Air ride, Northstar powered. She was pleased.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

oiler

Quote from: "enjenjo"My neice got married yesterday, she asked that I get an old car for her and her new husband to leave the ceremony in. I borrowed this from a buddy. She didn't see it until they were leaving. Air ride, Northstar powered. She was pleased.

As well she should!
My niece used our 64 Impala last month for her wedding car and i took it into town on the sat. morning to wash it.
Coming home a older couple flagged me down and asked if they could hire me and the car to drive them to their wedding later in the afternoon
Had to say no thanks as my niece already had dibs.
My niece said i should have blew her off and made a few hundred for the afternoon
Jeff

Roadstar

Nice job Frank, you made a very special day that much more special.

phat46

Nice car Frank. Did you build that? I remember one like that at the Nationals in Louisville that you said you had done.....something about having to cut the rear fenders into many parts to get the correct shape!

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"Nice car Frank. Did you build that? I remember one like that at the Nationals in Louisville that you said you had done.....something about having to cut the rear fenders into many parts to get the correct shape!

Yes I did. that was built for one guy I knew, then sold to a close friend, the guy with the coach that parks behind us a Kzoo. If you can see it in the picture, the fender skirt tapers to the rear, so the front fender line runs straight from the headlight to the rear bumper. To do that, we cut the rear fenders into 17 pieces, and welded them back together. The lower front of the rear fender is actually the top front of a 40 Ford rear fender, mounted upside down on the opposite side. After all the cutting, they were metal finished. The front fenders were extensively modified too, there used to be a ridge with a trim strip on the top of the fender, that was cut out, and replaced with a flat strip, that was metal finished to the current shape. the guy I worked with on that car is a metal magician, who is also a ski bum, and will only do metal work when he has to.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

348tripower

Don Colliau

reborn55

extremely nice!!!!!!!!!!! :D

58 Yeoman

Very nice, and beautiful work on the car, Frank.

I don't see too many old cars in wedding parties anymore.  I'm getting married on the 25th of this month, but the '58 will stay in the new shop....we're getting married at the house we're buying. :wink:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

HotRodLadyCrusr

Frank, that car is GORGEOUS.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

kb426

fabulous piece of work. I'm surprised that the owner would let anybody drive it.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Very classy.  Perfect for a wedding 8)

I inspected that car when I was an NSRA inspector.  I was thinner then and I still couldn't get under it.
George