msuguydon

Here are a few pictures from registration this afternoon

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

msuguydon

Grandadeo

Keep um coming.  If you run into two of my cross country running mates, Tommy in an orange '32 roadster hiboy and Al in a tan '32 roadster hiboy say howdy for me.  They should be hanging with the rest of the FLA Roadsters gang next to the vendor building.  Should be interesting to see how the numbers go up with the late models allowed in now.  I believe it will make for a much better event.  NSRA finally saw the Good-Guy light.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

phat rat

Why didn't you stop and say hello? LOL That yellow Mopar wagon belongs to a guy from back home. Charlie it's Doyles' latest ride, but he does still have the Cabriolet. Said it was easier on his wifes back for all the driving they've done this year. Looks as though he's top dog for the Ironman this year I heard he even got here 1 1/2 hr before Vernon. Oops went back and looked at the pics and saw where I had been parked so I was gone when you were there.

Lee, if the parking lot at registration was any sign of how things are, I'd say the show will be down in numbers from the last two years.

An interesting point. The rat rod Skanky had a big sign laying in it stating it's been his everyday driver for the last two years or so. Well some guys I know down here laughed about that. They saw him taking it off a TRAILER
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

msuguydon

Quote from: "phat rat"Lee, if the parking lot at registration was any sign of how things are, I'd say the show will be down in numbers from the last two years.

When I registerted today at 3:00 PM  I was 1139... for whatever thats worth.. I think they are expecting between 1500 an 1700 cars.

Grandadeo

Yeah, nothing but a Power Parking Trailer Queen Rat Rod.  As far as numbers, I know several folks that didn't go today cause Cecil Taylor has closed his shop and reportedly moved out of the state - Hercules Motor Car Co. - He held a open house at his place not far from the fairgounds on Thursday and a lot of people went to that.  So maybe things will pick up tomorrow, Hey gas is down so there's no excuse.  Oh wait, I had an excuse didn't I.  

Lee

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"

An interesting point. The rat rod Skanky had a big sign laying in it stating it's been his everyday driver for the last two years or so. Well some guys I know down here laughed about that. They saw him taking it off a TRAILER

Look closely at that rat rod. Alot of the pedals, light stands and other fine accessories are made from re-bar, and there's no floor.  
A couple of years ago he was parked out in front of the vendors building. Next to him was an obviously pro-built 40 Willys that had to be in the 100K range at least. (I talked to the old guy and he knew nothing about the car)

Funny thing is, no one even paid attention to the Willys, but there was a crowd around the ratter all weekend.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "phat rat"Lee, if the parking lot at registration was any sign of how things are, I'd say the show will be down in numbers from the last two years.

When I registerted today at 3:00 PM  I was 1139... for whatever thats worth.. I think they are expecting between 1500 an 1700 cars.

I'm sure glad you dudes don't have jobs or anything else to get in the way of your rodding time. I'm stuck in the salt mines until saturday. See ya's then.
They've been saying 15-1700 for years now. I've been there when the total on grounds count was closer to 700. I think they jack up the #'s just a tad.
Oh-BTW, I'm bringing the thong... :shock:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "msuguydon"

I'm sure glad you dudes don't have jobs or anything else to get in the way of your rodding time. I'm stuck in the salt mines until saturday. See ya's then.
They've been saying 15-1700 for years now. I've been there when the total on grounds count was closer to 700. I think they jack up the #'s just a tad.
Oh-BTW, I'm bringing the thong... :shock:  :D

Well after 43 years in the same salt mine I figured I earned my retirement.

Don, I checked for your buddies at the Red Roof but they weren't around. Also I was told Cecil moved to Arkansas when he sold out. There is still work going on there. I was there about noon as some guys didn't believe he sold out so I went over there with them. I was told by some people sitting across the street from the shop that there was supposed to be a small feed starting around 1pm. I didn't stick around as it was an hour wait. I'll try to remember to ask them tomorrow if they stayed and how it was.

Grandadeo

Tampa always ran 1200-1400.  With the late models in now I would hope they might hit 2000.  Does cut down on the super prize odds though.  Jack, my friends in the roadsters are not coming till tomorrow.

Lee

phat rat

Lee, they didn't get those numbers last year. Of course it was the first year for the new stuff.

Deuce

Quote from: "phat rat"Lee, they didn't get those numbers last year. Of course it was the first year for the new stuff.

I believe that for every NEW STUFF vehicle they gain ... one pre 49 stays home. Or that is the way it is at the Shades of the Past event.

I think all the folks looking at the Skanky junk rod are wondering how it got there all in one piece. Sort of like all the folks slowing down on the highway to look at the wreck  :( after the accident.
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

msuguydon

msuguydon

msuguydon