Electric drills

Started by enjenjo, October 09, 2008, 01:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"On saturday I finally picked a drill from Sears... this morning I go to the web site shopping cart on Sears.  The drill is now 30 dollars more ,  off sale.

So I have selected another drill setup.

One item I always find interesting about Sears various descriptions listed:

"Price match policy"  -- what other company sells Craftsman tools?

"Sears exclusive" --- same question;  What other company sells Craftsman tools?

:lol:

K Mart

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "Crosley"On saturday I finally picked a drill from Sears... this morning I go to the web site shopping cart on Sears.  The drill is now 30 dollars more ,  off sale.

K Mart

Really?  Kmart stores are  still open?

Obviously I have not been to a Kmart store in a long time.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "phat46"

K Mart

Really?  Kmart stores are  still open?

Obviously I have not been to a Kmart store in a long time.

:shock:

Me either, Nor a Sears, I did see craftsman tools at K Mart about this time last year when i was getting my deer license. I laughed, because I think that's where all Craftsman tools belong, I have terrible luck with them, actually with anything from Sears! Electric tools are the worst for me,radial arm saw, drills, compressors, router, T.V., all their paint, etc. etc. Haven't been in a Sears in at least two years, that's when i bought an under the counter T.V. for the kitchen and the on-off button fell out of it ( :shock: ) less than a month after the warrentee expired....just when i thought it might be safe to go back to Sears. I know people that LOVE Sears, but i guess i have bad MoJo there or something!

SKR8PN

Sorry I am so late getting in on this thread........I have a LOT of the Dewalt 18volt stuff. TWO 3/8 drills,one is a hammer drill,a  sawzall, a small circular saw, the radio battery charger thing and a flashlight or two. I can't say one bad thing about ANY of them. The smaller drill and the circular saw I have had for 6 or 7 years, and have used the living daylights out of both of them. the drill has been so hot that it started smoking and stinking, but it still keeps on drilling anything I need drilled!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

GPster

Sears bought K mart and the one here looks like an Odd Lots for sears close-outs. I have a problem with drilling because I have no depth persception and my glasses only correct vision in my right eye to cut down on my double vision problem., so I tend to hold my drill off to the side. I just ruined a fairly new Sears 1/2" drill  because of this. To make it double insulated the drill chuck bearings just seat in plastic housings. I replaced it with a "D" handled 1/2" drill from Harbor Freight that was on sale for $32.00 hoping I won't break so many drill bits and when it goes bad I'll throw it away and look for another one on sale. I keep wearing out blades on my bandsaw trying to cut stuff small enough to get in my drill press. GPster

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

purplepickup

I'd guess you've got a drill by now but this ain't a bad deal for $79 http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00911780000P?adCell=A3
Prolly won't last long.
George