cars for those that wood build them.

Started by wayne petty, September 27, 2008, 11:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

wayne petty

its made out of wood....    just incase you missed that....

wayne

chimp koose

wonder what he thinks when someone asks him to 'fire it up'? What no flame job? Even the british might think theres too much wood in that car! I guess it would classify as a woody ,what else?I wonder if he planed the heads too!How do you tell how old the car is ,...count the rings!Performance ...that car hauls ash!Car was built to please his alder ego. Well his wife probably asked for something expensive in fir.Let me guess car is from Oakland.Where was that car 40 years ago asks ted kennedy.Seriously ,that vehicle shows an amazing amount of determination and skill. Not something I would do but I can appreciate the efforts.

Carnut

58 Yeoman

Wooden you rather have a Subaru Forester?
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Uncle Bob

A few years back (could be almost 20 now that I think about it) a fella down in Oregon carved a deuce roadster body from wood.  It was very well done too.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

UGLY OLDS

I dunno about you guys but I'm knot ready for a wooden car..  :?  ( I know...I know...I'm just aspen for it .... :shock:  :shock:  You guys better leaf me alone.... )    :shock:  :shock:

Bob................... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I wonder if theres enough power to 'bark the tires'.The guy should branch out, try for more power ,...maybe a roots style blower...on a log style manifold...I hear he used acorn nuts throughout the car...you should see the ash tray.I was watching the flintstones on tv the other day and it just struck me to see how far cars have progressed!Fred flintstone drove the original rat rod.