I want to drive route66

Started by bucketmouth, September 21, 2008, 08:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

QuoteOne word of caution I knew a guy who brought an Aussie car over here and he said he about killed himself in it more than once. If you are on a two lane highway like we have lots of in the west and off the interstate and are behind a truck and want to pass you have to get the whole car out into the oncoming traffic lane before you can see if it is clear and that can be dangerous.

You can rig a mirror to fix that problem.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bucketmouth

Thanks guys I have been doing a bit of reading and there's lots of it. It's gonna take a hell of a lot of planning that's for sure.
I'm aware of driving a car on the wrong side and it can be risky when trying to overtake. We have quite a few cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side here and that's a common comment from guys.
Regardless I'm still wanting to do it.

8)
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Inprimer

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Thanks guys I have been doing a bit of reading and there's lots of it. It's gonna take a hell of a lot of planning that's for sure.
I'm aware of driving a car on the wrong side and it can be risky when trying to overtake. We have quite a few cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side here and that's a common comment from guys.
Regardless I'm still wanting to do it.
here's something I ran across..... www.historic66.com/description/ might help
  8)