Tuna Boat on her way to Florida

Started by msuguydon, September 16, 2008, 08:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Hey Guys/Gals:

Long time no post.  

The move is finally over, the family and I are in Tampa and I just got a call from HAMBer BenD.  He is picking up the Tuna Boat tomorrow out of her dry dock in Terre Haute and will be in Sunny, Tampa by Friday!

Can't wait.

Just in time for the weather to cool down a tad so I can drive around and meet and make some car buddies down here.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "msuguydon"Hey Guys/Gals:
Long time no post.  
The move is finally over, the family and I are in Tampa and I just got a call from HAMBer BenD.  He is picking up the Tuna Boat tomorrow out of her dry dock in Terre Haute and will be in Sunny, Tampa by Friday!
Can't wait.
Just in time for the weather to cool down a tad so I can drive around and meet and make some car buddies down here.

Hey Don...Good to see you back... or there.... or whatever .... :?  :?

Even better to see you kept "Das Boat".. Now you get to enjoy it year 'round   :!:  :!:  :idea:  

Bob................. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Just in time for the rest of the storm season. Good luck. I hope everything works out for you.
TEAM SMART

Grandadeo

Don, welcome to Florida.  Now put up your storm shutters.  Where did you land in the Tampa area?  Hope your making plans for the Tampa Nats at the fairgrounds.  I think I'll make it this year.  Should be re-retired by then.  By the way, say hi to BenD for me.  He brought my '53 plymouth from Texas to his dad's house in Sarasota where I picked it up.  Great guy.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

msuguydon

Not that any of you care, but the Tuna boat took her maiden voyage in the land of sun tan oil and thongs.... * its hot down here with no A/C... and those vynil seats are killers..  :lol:

First time I got to drive her in months... * old four door.. she does really put a  smile on my face everytime I drive her.....

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "msuguydon"Not that any of you care, but the Tuna boat took her maiden voyage in the land of sun tan oil and thongs.... * its hot down here with no A/C... and those vynil seats are killers..  :lol:

First time I got to drive her in months... * old four door.. she does really put a  smile on my face everytime I drive her.....

Good to hear all is well in Florida.
be careful tho......there is a Hillbilly running around down there north of Clearwater, don't get too close, or downwind from him :shock:
I'm not 100% sure, but he used to have an old POS Poncho, but I think he sold it for beer money :?

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "msuguydon"Not that any of you care, but the Tuna boat took her maiden voyage in the land of sun tan oil and thongs.... * its hot down here with no A/C... and those vynil seats are killers..  :lol:

You learn quickly to put towels or something over the seats....I remember we all discussed your "extra doors" long ago ...Lots of folks were ..uh...Hmmmm.... :oops:  :oops:

Have a good time & drive the wheels off that thing ... :!:  Wait.... :?  :?  I think you did that once already ..... :P  :P  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob............ :wink:

kb426

Sun tan oil and thongs. How can that be bad. We want good pics!
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Sun tan oil and thongs. How can that be bad. We want good pics!

And NOT of the car either  :!:  :!:  :!:  ( Sometimes ya gotta 'splain things REAL good,ya know  :?:  :P  :P  :P  :roll: )

slocrow

Glad you and the "tug" made it down safely. Now get out there in your shorts, take a spin while it's still hot and remember to leave them seats really fast.
The pain is brief but the red marks last a while 8)  
Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

river1

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "kb426"Sun tan oil and thongs. How can that be bad. We want good pics!

And NOT of the car either  :!:  :!:  :!:  ( Sometimes ya gotta 'splain things REAL good,ya know  :?:  :P  :P  :P  :roll: )

and definitely not of you wearing a thong either

Sometimes ya gotta 'splain things REAL good, ya know especially when you remember who we're dealing with  :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Rayvyn

Here's one for the RRT troops, it was taken here in Florida, and it's even car related.

Don, glad to hear you made it. NSRA Tampa is in 1 month. The Tuna boat is eligible for the show.

Give me a PM and I'll send along the phone #.

Hey Vance, I don't live in Clearwater anymore. I had to move about an hour north. Seeing the beach and the bunnies everyday got to be downright depressing. I mean, it's an everyday sight here and you get so used to it. Same old stuff anymore; spring break, surf, sand and bikinis. I needed a refreshing change of pace.
I'll be out in the pool with a cold one if you need me. It's 90* today, with low humidity and sunshine.

Drive on, Don Dude. You missed the hottest time of summer, but I'm glad you made it down. Take 275 east over the Howard Frankland bridge to the Ulmerton Rd exit, go about 20 miles and stop when you hit the gulf. Parking is free after 5:00pm.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

msuguydon

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Here's one for the RRT troops, it was taken here in Florida, and it's even car related.

Don, glad to hear you made it. NSRA Tampa is in 1 month. The Tuna boat is eligible for the show.

Give me a PM and I'll send along the phone #.

Just sent you a PM with my contact info...

Rayvyn

Hey Homie, check yer P/Ms. Holla back... :P>
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

57larry