Biker dies at Bonneville

Started by WZ JUNK, September 05, 2008, 12:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Yesterday during the BUB meet a streamlined bike went down at speed and killed the rider.  Check the land speed board under BUB for details.  I did not know the man but I did see the bike at Speedweek.  I am sure that all us of will think of his family and friends. RIP

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

I met him at the first Bonneville I attended, but really did not know him. I heard about it yesterday, and there was an article in the paper here this morning, since he was 90 miles down the road from me.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Beck

I met Cliff, his wife, crew and travingling friends just a few weeks ago at Speed Week. We all spent a little time together at the motel pool. Cliff and everyone with him seemed to be super folks. They were in great spirits and on top of the world at the time because of their sucess. I was looking to get into the competition next year. Cliff's passing has made me rethink that. He was doing what he loved, but he will be greatly missed.
My sympathy to his wife, children, and friends.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)