Check out this new online magazine

Started by DRD57, September 02, 2008, 10:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

My bud RottenRodney and I have been helping get this new online magazine off the ground. I think it's lookng pretty good.

Check it out at: www.benchrace.com

Okiedokie

I like it. Saw it posted somewhere else and didn't look. Your recomendation made me look. Thanks, Joe.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"I like it. Saw it posted somewhere else and didn't look. Your recomendation made me look. Thanks, Joe.

You probably saw it on the HAMB were after the link was posted by another innocent member there it was announced that Robert, the owner of said new website is a crook, didn't follow thru with past promises from his auction site, and the fact he pulled some other shading stuff on teh HAMB and the thread was locked.

I wonder why Robert isn't "annoucing" his own website on the different message boards himself?? :roll:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

58 Yeoman

I guess that if it was posted on the hamb....it must be true?   :roll:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

wayne petty

Quote from: "DRD57"My bud RottenRodney and I have been helping get this new online magazine off the ground. I think it's lookng pretty good.

Check it out at: www.benchrace.com

very nice format....  

does it have a way to resize it to fill out to the full size of the window...

also a index page set up so future issues will be linked through that page so you don't have to redesign the cover every issue..

just put the next link in... or design it with a bunch of hidden volume numbers that are only activated when the designer puts a link in them...

Okiedokie

You probably saw it on the HAMB were after the link was posted by another innocent member there it was announced that Robert, the owner of said new website is a crook, didn't follow thru with past promises from his auction site, and the fact he pulled some other shading stuff on teh HAMB and the thread was locked.

Well Denise, I have no knowledge of what transpired on the Hamb. I do like very much what you do with your trip reports. I was sorry I did not get a chance to say hi at the Hamb drags Saturday before last, but you were busy every time I saw you and I didn't stay over on Saturday evening. I trust you are a person of integrity and I will take your opinion into consideration, but I will judge on my own. I don't personally know Don, but I have the feeling he is a person of integrity also, so if he says look at this, I will. A good example of this is my knowledge regarding the integrity of a well known of, apparently well thought of, Hamb member that I have personal experience with that proved a lack of their integrity. I won't express that to any one else, I will let them judge on their experience. So far, I think www.benchrace.com has some interesting content for me. If something turns out to be less than what I expect, then I will not look at any longer. Joe

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"

Well Denise, I have no knowledge of what transpired on the Hamb. I do like very much what you do with your trip reports. I was sorry I did not get a chance to say hi at the Hamb drags Saturday before last, but you were busy every time I saw you and I didn't stay over on Saturday evening.

I am never too busy to say hi to a friend or meet someone new.  Next time please stop and say hello.

Anything a person reads on the internet is just that, words on the internet but without getting into too many deails I've know Robert for over 6 years, before I was even on the HAMB.  He lives a couple of towns over from me......Midnight Motors.  Enough said.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Roadstar

I think it is a cool site with lots of potential.  A lot of good reading thus far and more interesting content to come.

I look forward to seeing more, and everyone should make there own opinions of the site with out  anyone trying to persuade others against it for personal reasons.

Come on, who doesn't think "Jake" is one of the coolest hotrodders of all time!

Crosley.In.AZ

Often the posting a link and announcement of a new web site on a current site is viewed  in bad taste.............. if the sites offer similar formats.

I am not taking a position on this , only pointing out what I have seen happen

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Rayvyn

Not knowing any of the involved parties except for DRD, I'll reserve judgements of any past happenings, personal vendettas or opinions posted on other boards.

I found it a good read, and the price is right...!!
I look forward to seeing more.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

39deluxe