Mustang rack pressure?

Started by Crafty, August 11, 2008, 11:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crafty

GPster:

haha might be in the UK but the car is Left Hand Drive as GM intended, so passenger side as you think of it is still passenger side :)

I have thought about passenger side mounting, I just don't know how easy it will be as the outlet from the water pump is there isn't it. I think my biggest problem is not having different pumps here to offer up, I only have a saginaw pump to try.

enjenjo

I think some of the Saabs used the small GM/Saginaw pump, at least they did here, might be able to find one of those.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

Must be the weather, second dumb idea. I've an '87 S15 GMC truck with a 2.5L four and power steering. The pump is remote fill and is iron, round and fairly small. It's got that strange belt system so it runs reverse to engine rotation. Got room for something like that in front of the engine facing back? GPster

papastoyss

Quote from: "Crafty"Wayne, that last picture does look interesting, I assume the holes in the bracket line up with the old front mount holes in the block. You may well be right when you say it might be high enough

I know southern rods do that bracket/pump but I can't find any info on dimensions (most important one is height above crank centerline). Do you know anywhere else that sells that bracket ?
I think Speedway Motors sells that pump w/a bracket that mounts higher like you want. A friend had one on a 32 Ford w/a BBC.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!