Back to the Fifties

Started by btrc, June 12, 2004, 07:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btrc

I suppose someone has to ask, "Who alls going to the Back to the Fifties in St. Paul?".  I'm going to be there at least Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday.  I never have any luck catching up with anyone there because it is so big but we could give it a shot.
Bob

moparrodder

Quote from: "btrc"I suppose someone has to ask, "Who alls going to the Back to the Fifties in St. Paul?".  I'm going to be there at least Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday.  I never have any luck catching up with anyone there because it is so big but we could give it a shot.
Bob,     Gail and I are not going to make it after all :cry:  some things have come up and can't get away that weekend I'm bumbed ,going to miss a lot of fine people and rods.  Any way I can save my money for my birthday bash and BBQ on the 24th of July, plannin to have a small show and bbq maybe even a cruz through the hills, just something simple with roddin friends, may do a poker run with the cruz and have a few prizes for the winners 8)   So everyone that wants to have fun,friendship,eat some BBQ,do some bench racin,  you're invited!!!    Sorry to hijack your post Bob but ya only hit the ole 50 once........... Oh, when we were there last we all met at Wings Kalahan's trailer, was easy to find on a corner and he plays some great tunes on his traveling radio station.  Just a thought on where to meet.   Bill

I will be arriving around noon on Friday,pick up my friend from Atlanta at the airport and we're off to the Fairgrounds.We usually eat Friday night at Famous Dave's on Snelling Ave and Saturday at a steakhouse farther North on Snelling...I think it's called Cattleman's but not sure...anyway it's on the East side almost up to I-694.I'm also open to a new dinner spot if someone has a suggestion.Not sure yet what I'll be driving.
  Bob,which day is your car going to be displayed in the PPG booth?
All of the gang from Winnipeg hangs out behind the Morten Building in the Northwest corner of the grounds...there is a large lot behind the building that works well for a meeting point...Wings corner is also a good meeting point but it gets pretty busy there sometimes.
  We sure could use our event director...Are you sure you can't make it Denise?? :wink:
  Look forward to seeing everyone! Perhaps if we post which hotel/motel we're at,we could hook-up in the evening...I'm at the Motel 6 in Brooklyn Center.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Daryle, are you sure your not at the Super 8 in Brooklyn Center???  :roll:

You guys have a GREAT time and please make sure you give Rick, MrLo-Boy a hug from me.  I'm really looking forward to checking out the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green, KY.  I love heading to new shows and checking out what they have to offer.  I'll report back and let you guys know how it was.

Anyway, I have a room available at the Super 8 in Brooklyn Cneter if anyone needs one.  I'll hold on to it for a couple of days then I'll be cancelling it.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

btrc

Daryle,
 My cars going to be in their display on Friday, unless they take one look at it and tell me to get lost.  I had some stars show up on my front fenders this week, of all times, from rocks.  The joys of living on gravel. I didn't know that happened with steel fenders but it did.  It's going to the body shop tomorrow at 7:00.  If your there by Friday at 4 or 5 stop by otherwise we can set something else up.  Friday night at Dave's might be good.  I'm with a bunch of people but I could skip out for Dinner.
Bob

toad32

I will be arriving Thursday night and working the booth all weekend.  This will be my first BTTF and I am pretty excited about going.  Stop by the House of Kolor booth and say "hey" and let me know where all the after hours festivities we be.  

Later
Toad32
akak Carter

Ralph

I'll be there, hanging out with "the gang from Winnipeg". Super 8 Brooklyn Center, and round behind the Morton Building. We're so predictable! Look for my black 41 Ford Tudor. Bet I've got more rock chips than you've got! :lol:
Ralph
Manitoba Street Rod Association
http://www.msra.mb.ca/

mrloboy

I'll be there as of Saturday AM.  I too will be hangin' behind the Morton Building ( Little Manitoba!) I can hopefully meet up with many of my RRT buds. Daryle, I expect you will be checking in on the corner! Let's set a time for all of us to meet at one spot. I suggest behind the Morton Building, ('cause then I don't have to move my butt! LOL)

jakesbackyard

Hey Rick,

We're leaving very early Thurs. and hoping to get a camp spot. Not sounding real good this year. May have to sleep in the Galaxie somewhere. Hope to see you - I'll check at the Morton bldg. Did'nt make it to DL this year - was there the weekend before for Bob's two oldest grandsons graduations. It's been a busy summer so far and not one car event yet. Hope the weather is nice this weekend.

See you there.
Jake

Rick,Glad you are going to make it down...In a previous post,Denise asked that I give you a hug for her  :roll: ...Well Denise,I'm afraid a handshake will have to suffice! At noon behind the Morton Building sounds like a great place to meet on Saturday...I will be eating dinner Friday evening at Famous Dave's, if anyone would like to join us,we'll be eating around 7!
  Bob,I'll definately get by and see you at the PPG Booth on Friday afternoon...Is that inside the main exibitor  building?
   Hope too see many old friends this weekend and meet a few new ones as well!! I have decided to sell my Grey 55, 210 hardtop so I will have it there for sale.Stop by and say hello!

btrc

Daryle,
   The PPG booth is an outside deal about in the middle of the fairgrounds on a East-West Street.  If I'm not there then just around the corner is my friends Trailer booth (across from the home improvement building), I may be there.  Otherwise I'll try the Morton Building on Saturday.  If your selling that '55 please give my friend Gary Butterfield from Firesteel Classic Cars in Mitchell a call.  I'll PM you the number. He has pretty much settled into only buying and selling tri-five chevys.  He's not going to BTTF this year.  

Bob
Bob

As usuall,this past weekend at The 50's was awesome! Not sure of the final count,saw a registration with #10,711 on it Saturday.Had a chance to visit with old friends and also meet a few fellows from the RRT for the first time.Didn't sell the 55 but had lots of interest and 7 messages on my phone when I got home...It amazed me how many people were gathered around that old car all weekend...I think it's complete originallity is something people don't get to see very often.Driving 70mph down the interstate on 40 year old bias ply tires was probably not the smartest thing I've ever done :roll: Anyone ever heard of "Bedford" tires?They were put on the car in the 60's and look better than the "Cokers" on my pick-up that are only a couple years old! Another 50's in the books...I'm already looking forward to next year!!