Worst Work bench

Started by Learpilot, July 07, 2008, 02:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "GPster"While admiring my work I let my arm drop (the one holding the lit torch). Behind me was a 30 gal. trash bag filled with newspaper to use to start a fire for roasting marshmellows. When you hold a torch in front of you to braze with guess which way the flame is headed when you drop your arm.It's a good thing for open doors and long hoses on torches. You'd think all this burning would clear a path to the workbench. GPster

so inquiring minds want to know, did you roast any marshmallows?
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

GPster

Quote from: "river1"so inquiring minds want to know, did you roast any marshmallows? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: later jim
No!The newspaper was saved for the "Grammy Camp" experience and it didn't arouse any support while everyone was here. I'm lucky that that day had been planned for lawn mowing. I was wearing my steel toed shoes rather than sandles. Becaue of a few well placed dance steps I was able to save most of the newspaper (for another day/try?). GPster

BFS57

Hello again!!!
NEWS!!! Since I last posted on this thread, I HAD to clean up my bench!!
let Me explain. My work bench is located right next to the air handler. It seems that the drain got plugged up and there was some water around the handler so I put down a towel to help dry it out. Next day, I went to my bench to find EVERYTHING Flooded! Crap! Man, I had projects in small boxes, all wet. I had to move and I had to move fast!
Not only was my complete bench flooded but my area around the handler was flooded as well not to mention the towel that was sopping with water. After I cleaned the bench off, I started to fix the plugged drain. I inserted  a 2' piece of hose, hooked up my air to it and blew the holly crud ouy of it! followed by a cup of bleach!
Now the bench is so clean I have started to use it to take photos of the oh so many model airplane things I wanted to list on auctions so now I'm busy using my clean work bench as a photo studio.
Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!

Bruce

Crosley.In.AZ

Started last week (again) , I was tossing stuff out.

It just piles up so fast.  Old radiators (copper) , couple of engine stands , PVC pipe scrap, wood chunks, misc fence post bits ... all gone to the scrap yard.

Old tires and wheels for mini vans & other useless type stuff.  I put that out on the corner near work with the ever popular sign : "FREE" .  Within 1-2 hours it is gone.

I hauled out or broken down BBQ grill to my street a few weeks back... with in  hours Janice tells me it is gone.   :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

DRD57

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Clean that mess up!

GPster

Quote from: "DRD57"Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Clean that mess up!
Now that you're in business for yourself there are two ways to look at those pictures. Everything you do is neat and orderly or you don't have anything to do. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Ah.....Don...I see dust in at least 3 places  :shock:  We can let it be our little "secret", ok  :?: :?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob............... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

DRD57 must get a discount on peg board.

8)
Tony

enjenjo

Well, I only see two hammers, and neither one is big enough.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I only see two hammers, and neither one is big enough.

i count 5, but you're right they are too small :P

later jim

enjenjo

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I only see two hammers, and neither one is big enough.

later jim

Claw hammers don't count. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

that metal roll-around bench ain't gonna hold a V-8 engine.   :lol:

Claw hammers can hurt.  but there is no  substitute for a big ford hammer
Tony

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"

later jim

OK then, but i still see three non claw hammers. one on his mobile bench and two on the same hook (one red handled) under his face shields. his claw hammers are to the left of them.

later jim

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "enjenjo"

later jim

OK then, but i still see three non claw hammers. one on his mobile bench and two on the same hook (one red handled) under his face shields. his claw hammers are to the left of them.

later jim

What about the large crescent wrench on the rolling work bench :?:  It would prolly work better than that cute little hammer... :shock:

See... :?  "Multi-purpose" tools  :!:  :!:  :roll:  :roll:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****