Mufflers

Started by houston54, July 07, 2008, 02:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

Quote from: "houston54"Great information.  I will be testing out the Summit turbos I have in the parts bin in the next couple of weeks. If those are not satisfactory I will source some of the dynomax turbos.  

The system currently in place consides of Hedman swept back short tube headers into 2.25 inch pipes with an "H" pipe.
If memory serves me correctly, Dyno Max has a Turbo which is noiser than Super Turbo.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Danimal

Quote from: "papastoyss"
Quote from: "houston54"Great information.  I will be testing out the Summit turbos I have in the parts bin in the next couple of weeks. If those are not satisfactory I will source some of the dynomax turbos.  

The system currently in place consides of Hedman swept back short tube headers into 2.25 inch pipes with an "H" pipe.
If memory serves me correctly, Dyno Max has a Turbo which is noiser than Super Turbo.

That would be the Ultra Flow. Straight through with glass packing. Read LOUD.

Sounds like you need a bit more volume to tune things down, any chance to put even some small resonator cans up stream like under the bed/cab area?

zzford

Because of budget restraints, when building my coupe, I used Summits' turbo mufflers. That was eight years ago. I liked them enough that I ended up keeping them. I am frequently commented on the nice exhaust sound.