Holley fuel pressure regulator

Started by jon g, June 10, 2004, 03:13:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon g

Hi folks,
I recently found that Holly sells a low pressure regulator. In their catalog it stated that if a multiple carb setup, you would have to have a regulator for each carb. Could anyone shed some light on how critical that would be? I have an AV8 with two 94s and could mount a single unit before the fuel block under the body but I wouldn't want to mount two in the engine bay, it's just a looks thing that I'm hung up on. One other thing, can you set the pressure without a guage similar to the little round chrome ones with the pointer? That's the type I'm trying to get a replacement for since I have had two leakers  :( recently and am gunshy now. Everyone's used them for years but now............
Thanks in advance,
Jon G

rumrumm

Use one regulator. I ran a liquid filled gauge off the regulator. There is a hole that you can use for that since you will not be using a return line to the tank. That way you can see the gauge while you are adjusting the pressure.

Quote from: "jon g"Hi folks,
I recently found that Holly sells a low pressure regulator. In their catalog it stated that if a multiple carb setup, you would have to have a regulator for each carb. Could anyone shed some light on how critical that would be? I have an AV8 with two 94s and could mount a single unit before the fuel block under the body but I wouldn't want to mount two in the engine bay, it's just a looks thing that I'm hung up on. One other thing, can you set the pressure without a guage similar to the little round chrome ones with the pointer? That's the type I'm trying to get a replacement for since I have had two leakers  :( recently and am gunshy now. Everyone's used them for years but now............
Thanks in advance,
Jon G
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

jon g

Hey RumRumm,
 Thanks for the info on the holley regulator. That's exactly what I was hoping. With the hole in the unit for the guage it should work out well underneath and out of sight. I'll be ordering tomorrow!! Thanks again!!

Happy Roddin,
Jon G