a henry J and a willys fight it out

Started by dragrcr50, June 29, 2008, 11:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooley

Well, Sat was our last regular race of the season. Sam and I went side by side 3 times . The first 2 were time trials. They  were heads up with a Pro tree light. The Henry J took the Willies both times. But their is rumbling of the Willies having to slow down for a high speed shimmy. Those are scarey. When it came to competition elemitions Sam and I both went out 1st round. We went together to buy back in. The next round was the Willies and the Henry J again except this time with a dial in.  Yep, Sam took a good clean win. Just good hard racing. Congrats Sam. Does this tie it up or is one of us a head? Any way we have had a great summer of drag racing. Congrats to Robert for his win. He took all the marbles home.  
  We have some Nostalgia racing left to do before Winter.
  Thanks for tuning in.   Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

dragrcr50

well it was a hell of a year,   I think hooley is points champ by about 5 points over me , not sure but prolly is. the kid driving my nova won two events and finally got his shot at me in the final last night after i got past hooley , congrats robert you did a great job with that little flower of a nova.  just shows all you folks if you enjoy something go out and do it , it might just be the most fun you have had in years.  Im 60 yrs old and still loving it.... next year will be even better and the rest of this year will be for braggin rights and money hehe.............
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

dragrcr50

here are a few pics of the last points race, hooley and i in last run in eleminations,  robert and i in the willys and nova and his winning trophy  check not shown hehe..........gotta love drag racing ...sam
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

393Bird

I love the J. Back in 1959, my 1st car  was a Henry J. I ended up putting in a engine and trans out of a wrecked 57 Golden Hawk. I went in the Army, and left it at my parents house. My Brother destroyed it while I was in Korea.

My Wife and I went on our 1st date in the Henry J. Would not mind having another one if I stumbled onto a good deal.
1993 Thunderbird
393 Stroker with a Vortect YSi. 825 RWHP

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

dragrcr50

Quote from: "393Bird"I love the J. Back in 1959, my 1st car  was a Henry J. I ended up putting in a engine and trans out of a wrecked 57 Golden Hawk. I went in the Army, and left it at my parents house. My Brother destroyed it while I was in Korea.

My Wife and I went on our 1st date in the Henry J. Would not mind having another one if I stumbled onto a good deal.
my first car was a J also,  i have oone i am going to build this winter.  looking forward to getting it done by spring

Hooley

393 Bird, I also had one in 1972 . I had to have a nother. There are J's out there. Let people know you are looking for one.  

Sam, will we ge having Henry J wars next year? Hollis, you , I and who ever else shows up.  

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"