a henry J and a willys fight it out

Started by dragrcr50, June 29, 2008, 11:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

Well Hooley and I got to have a match race this weekend at our monthly gasser race.  I actually made it to the final round and then redlit in the final... hooley made it to the semis..
Then the challenge came , (lets run em all out pro tree .400 light heads up run what ya brung..so we rolled up and squared away .  light came on and i hit a .071 light and ran a 7.19 to hooleys less than stellar light  but ran a quicker 7.03  1/8th mile........so for now i have a win for the willys..but he is quicker ..we will do it again in july at the nitros i hope.... til then,,,,man this is fun......sam
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

purplepickup

Man, you guys are just having way too much fun.....just the way it should be 8)

Thanks for the latest episode in the RRT Gasser War.
George

phat46

Is there any wager involved in this?  :lol:  Looks like a great time; win or lose!

dragrcr50

Quote from: "phat46"Is there any wager involved in this?  :lol:  Looks like a great time; win or lose!

no I have braggin rights till the next time............and you know hooley is the fastest postman in chelsea oklahoma>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Hooley

Yes Sir, I was treed bad . Congrats Sam on the win. That was one hellava light. May be we can rematch at Tulsa the 12th.
 Every one come on down to Tulsa July 12th for a whole lot of Old Time Drag racing. The Gassers , front engine dragsters, HAMB dragsters and just about every thing from the old days will be there.  Check out Tulsa raceway park for the whole story.  BE THERE.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

dragrcr50

thanks crosley we have a great time ...here is a kool ic of my leaving with hooley the last run of the night  sat

dragrcr50

this weekend is the nitro nationals nostalgia race in tulsa oklahoma, Hooley and I wsill be at it again... we have a large contengent of cars at this race  , so it will be a good one, lots of good food too........I like food, hehe..........stay tuned for results next week.........he he he

1FATGMC

Quote from: "dragrcr50"this weekend is the nitro nationals nostalgia race in tulsa oklahoma, Hooley and I wsill be at it again... we have a large contengent of cars at this race  , so it will be a good one, lots of good food too........I like food, hehe..........stay tuned for results next week.........he he he

I suggested to Hooley that he give up on the "pro tree", you are too good at it.  He is use to having plenty of time and no reaction penalty at b'ville  :shock: .

Of course WZJUNK will be on the pit crew this weekend, so you don't stand a chance  :P .  You were very humble in your win over him at the last race, this time if you win don't be so nice.  We need to get him fired up and awake  8) .

Wish I was there, have fun and be safe,

Sum

dragrcr50

Hi folks, Hooley and I attended the tulsa Nitro Nostalgia Nationals saturday and as usual we got down to the final 3 gassers and the rains came in buckets.

they called the race and we had to split the purse three ways, now hooley allowed he was the winner and should just pay on that assuptin, but since i had bragging rights from the last race i figured i was a shoe in and therefore i would be the winner, and since becks little plymouth coupe is faster than either one of us he allowed he too would be the eventual winner.  so we all got our share and went home with braggin rights... the saga continues.............even ole WZ Junk was there with hooley ,Ithink to double team me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sam

enjenjo

Quote from: "dragrcr50"Hi folks, Hooley and I attended the tulsa Nitro Nostalgia Nationals saturday and as usual we got down to the final 3 gassers and the rains came in buckets.

they called the race and we had to split the purse three ways, now hooley allowed he was the winner and should just pay on that assuptin, but since i had bragging rights from the last race i figured i was a shoe in and therefore i would be the winner, and since becks little plymouth coupe is faster than either one of us he allowed he too would be the eventual winner.  so we all got our share and went home with braggin rights... the saga continues.............even ole WZ Junk was there with hooley ,Ithink to double team me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sam

Just goes to show, the first liar doesn't stand a chance.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

dragrcr50

well fast forward to ardmore reunion race aug 30th.  

I broke out of my index first round to an anglia in the willys and hooley went on to win in round five , flawless all day long he just mowed em down.... took home the big check and could be heard laughing as he went down the road,,,, we'll meet again ...............................to be continued

go to my website at woodardracingandhotrods.com on forums /ardmore race and there is a tone of big nice pics of the race right down to final..

Crosley.In.AZ

ol Hooley is having a good year.... I'd suggest a lotto ticket or 10

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

" Laughing down the return road". My kind of guy. At our age, we laugh for lots of reasons. Just keep laughing. Congrats.
TEAM SMART

dragrcr50

well you know hooley's moto?   "Just Glad to Be here" :lol: .............and he really is................