Boyd's Shop?

Started by Leon, June 22, 2008, 02:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We cruised down to a get together last night and one of the guys there said Boyd's shop had closed the doors last Thursday.  Anyone else hear anything about this?  Their website isn't working either.

57larry

haven't heard that. did hear that duane was fired

Carnut

Crosley.In.AZ

I visited the Boyd web pages... they seem to function.

the monthly car gathering at the shop was canceled.  Mayb the shop is done?

A person would think that Jo would keep it running since she seems to be the head B at the shop.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

I think the "shop" existed largely for the show,and the corporate projects.
Looked on TLC,didn't see any solid answers about the shows future.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5331946096

Leon

Roadstar

According to my sorces, the shop is closed, and there was an auction this past weekend.

seadog

Quote from: "Roadstar"According to my sorces, the shop is closed, and there was an auction this past weekend.

Follow this link for more http://boydforum.repspark.com/ShowThread.aspx?ID=3233

unklian

I thought they sold off the wheel business ?
Or did they start another one ? :?:

bucketmouth

*, I guess I can cross that one off the list to visit this year.
I suppose I was lucky to visit there back in '05.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

38HAULR

Something that puzzles me bucketmouth,I always wonder what it would feel like being in the Northern Hemisphere walking upright on top of the world,instead of gravity allowing us to walk upside down as it does here............Frank.

Crosley.In.AZ

I liked Dan...wish him luck

I wonder where Al the chassis guy is at?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

bucketmouth

38HAULER not being scientifically gifted at all I wonder would their socks fall up as opposed to ours falling down?

Al the chassis guy was good but you always got the impression he was banging his head on the wall over some of the stuff that was happening.
There were some good hotrod guys in there that will probably go onto good things elsewhere.

I hope we get to see the the remainder of new shows that they have. I think they may have been shown in the states but we're still to get them.

On a similar note just read the tribute to Boyd and Li'l John in American Street Rodder, it made for an interesting read it was a great article.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

38HAULR

I have been regularly watching Boyd and his craftsmen on "American Hot Rod".  There certainly were some personalities there.  The current project is the woody being worked on,obviously we are behind ,when was this actually done?........Frank.

Leon

If it's the red one, That car was at the car show we went to in Hawaii in '04