ATTN AUSSIES!

Started by Inprimer, June 12, 2008, 07:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inprimer

I tried to get on the aussie forum but it can't be done LOL this is O/T but.... I am cleaning out Grams  house and ran across   1950 Aussie Penny  its about the size of a US half dollar. I will send it to someone out there in Aussie land for free  especially if your BD is 1950 as on the coin. Just want to send it back home, if interested  E mail me  :D  :D  :D     Serge

TJ's Dad

Hmmm , thats probably the first penny Carps earnt , he musta lost it on one of his many sojurns stateside cos he sure as hell would'nt have spent it !!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Nice gesture there mate but being a youngster it pre dates me !!  :wink:

try   www.ozrodders.com          fluent Hot Rod spoken there.
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Carps

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"Hmmm , thats probably the first penny Carps earnt , he musta lost it on one of his many sojurns stateside cos he sure as hell would'nt have spent it !!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I was wondering what happened to that one.

Quote from: "TJs Dad"Nice gesture there mate but being a youngster it pre dates me !!  :wink:
Now c'mon Mike you remember where I got it from.  You gave it to me saying it reminded you too much just how old you really are.

Seriously, I don't think it carries great value even among coin collectors as they are quite common still and can be picked up here for literally, pennies.

I have a tin filled with them and other coins I've picked up on my travels around the world, including a bunch of 1933 issue, that I was going to use somehow on my old Ford but just never did.

The story of how it came to be among your Gramps stuff is one that I reckon might be very interesting.

A word of warning, when Mike offers you a 1967 penny, don't take it, no matter how cheap he says tha asking price is.    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

TJ's Dad

Quote from: "Carps"

A word of warning, when Mike offers you a 1967 penny, don't take it, no matter how cheap he says tha asking price is.    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hmmmm ..... I believe all pennies minted after 14th of Feb 1966 are extremely valuable !!  :lol:  :roll:  :wink:
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

bucketmouth

I reckon with the way metal prices are going up you could melt your coins down and get more for it as scrap :idea:
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

river1

Quote from: "bucketmouth"I reckon with the way metal prices are going up you could melt your coins down and get more for it as scrap :idea:

that's actually true in the US, for pennies i believe.

i believe it's against the law to do that tho.

on edit yup it is illegal

http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/14/news/melting/index.htm?cnn=yes

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

38HAULR

Leave it in a glass of Coca Cola for a while and whatch it shine up. It would be interesting to see how it ended up in the US.  My guess would be a shady Aussie tourist trying to use it in a vending machine that took a similar size coin of higher denomination. If it was a 1930 penny I would take it off your hands and pay the postage for you. .........Frank.

Inprimer

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "bucketmouth"I reckon with the way metal prices are going up you could melt your coins down and get more for it as scrap :idea:

that's actually true in the US, for pennies i believe.

i believe it's against the law to do that tho.

on edit yup it is illegal

http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/14/news/melting/index.htm?cnn=yes

later jim
I know for a fact this doesn't apply for dimes, qtrs ,halfs and dollar coins right now the going rate is $1.30  above face value ie a dime is worth 1.30 a lot of  early coins are being melted for that reason