Billetproof Detroit: Caravan from Ypsi area

Started by Danimal, June 06, 2008, 09:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

A few of us from the HAMB will be meeting up at the Sam's/McDonald's parking lot in the morning to leave around 8:15 for Billetproof.

Anyone intersted is welcome to join.

US12 and US23 NE sector almost to Carpenter Rd.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Danimal

Very well. Lots of lookers. I left Courtland to do the talking. He had a photo guy taking pictures of the doors because of the signage on them. He complimented on how well we got that 'patina' look. Court told him, not patina, ORIGINAL.

When the guy asked how he knew Court told him it was his truck. The guy proceeded to quiz him on everything and as you well know, the boy KNOWS his truck. 327 .060 over, 5 speed from an 88 NV3500, S10 frame, etc. In the end, the guy was pleased and told him he was doing a good job and to keep it up.

Several others looking at the work done, several more discussing ideas on the work left to go. We printed off the 'Thank You' page from the HAMB (HAMB Trek: The Next Generation) and put it under the wiper. Lots stopped to read it. One guy had never heard of the HAMB but said he'd go check it out.

There's a new guy over at the HAMB that is from Ypsi. His son was exstatic over the truck and all the people that helped out and told his dad (who's been trying to GET him to want a car) that he thinks it is time since he's 15 as well. They are coming to look at the Crestline so the 'Pay It Forward' aspect is growing already.

Still pushed it but it was fun being there. Found a really nice tailgate at the swap that the guy talked himself down to $15 before I could tell him I'd take it. Got another '54 MI plate with the letters DB (my initials). We dug for a CB but we'll find one eventually, I'm sure. Eli found some Hot Wheels cars and some girls so he was set for the show.

We've decided to get it running and then we'd start on the Kustom touches. He still wants the '54 Bel Air quarters, headlight rings, and body line in the fenders. He also wants to go with the '54 front bumper. We've got all of these items and just need to get the brackets mounted for the radiator and then we'll move on ahead.

I was really happy to see guys come up and talk to Court about his truck. Lots of positive feedback. Most couldn't believe he'd done so much at 15 and that he's paid as much attention. He went into full detail on what it takes to use a stock column and could really cover it because he watched you machine the parts and he did the assembly.

He got some body work support from Fast Elvis from the HAMB, got a photoshoot with HRLC, got to meet Fuzzy from here, and talked to the stripers a bit about his truck.

I really can't thank you guys and gals enough. This really has been a labor of love and if you check out the post with the list of folks I thank and you see someone I miss, please speak up so I can put it there. That list will be updated as often as I can and it will go with his book of pictures that we're putting together to run with the truck.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Love both your boys....they are the coolest!

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

QuoteEli found some Hot Wheels cars and some girls so he was set for the show

Which cost more? which one did he want more? Are those his girls in HRLC's picture?

I'm glad Cort was happy, I knew he would be.

So when are you coming for the Chevy car frame?

Danimal

The Chevy car frame discussion took place about 15 minutes out of Billetproof. How soon can we get it? I've got to figure something else out on the trailer since we had to 'tripod' it home. Brake locked up on the RF tire.

I think VRF will let me bum his, though.

As for Randy's girls. Eli has a harem wherever he goes. Chicks dig him because he can be such a sweety. His mom and I are definitely having second thoughts on Sedan Deliveries!

Thanks, Denise. I love my boys as well. They are my world.

enjenjo

QuoteHow soon can we get it?

Any time you want. It will take you and your boys, and me and my boys to get it out, but should not take long to do it. We need to do some "unloading", there are parts stacked on it. It rolls.

Danimal

Never heard back from Fat Cat on the price. If it is what you thought, I'm all in. We'll bring gloves and tetanus shots.

Can we wait until we get the truck running? Or worst case around the 4th of July? We have 4H Livestock Camp and my nephew's grad party the week after next and we've got a mess of tree limbs and trees to clean up this weekend. At least I'll have fire wood seasoning all summer. That and I KNOW my generator is working fine.

enjenjo

Danimal

Sweet. Now I'll just get some crap cleaned out around here!