Old gasoline in tanks

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, June 05, 2008, 10:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I've got some real old gasoline to remove from a Motorhome gas tank.  Dropping the tank is not really an option due to the size of the tank.

Seems like the best option is to pump out as much of the old stuff as possible.... then

Add fresh gasoline , add some Risilone or Marvel Mystery oil to the gasoline for upper engine lubrication.  then drive and repeat.

I have a Fram canister style filter on the fuel system.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I use the old gas a gallon at a time with 5 gallons of fresh stuff  in the mower.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

the reformulated gasoline in AZ forms a goo like - sticky substance as the gasoline gets old.  IF you do not get most of this out or add a lubricity agent in there, the valves stick in the heads (I am told).

When I restarted this ol dog MH. I bypassed the tank & plugged one fuel line from the front gass tank with a round chisel since some gas was siphoning out.  A week later when I returned the chisel was coated in this sticky goo.  

:shock:  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: Crosleythe reformulated gasoline in AZ forms a goo like - sticky substance as the gasoline gets old.  IF you do not get most of this out or add a lubricity agent in there, the valves stick in the heads (I am told).

When I restarted this ol dog MH. I bypassed the tank & plugged one fuel line from the front gass tank with a round chisel since some gas was siphoning out.  A week later when I returned the chisel was coated in this sticky goo.

Better hope no one has used "Tank sealer" ...It does the same thing..Drips out looking like "runny" 3M w/Strip glue.....Why take chances..You might be better off pulling & cleaning those tanks NOW rather than in "Resume Speed" where ever... :idea:  Even if you flush them ...What's hanging from the top "Inside" the tank???

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****