When life gives you lemons...

Started by DRD57, June 04, 2008, 10:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Good luck, good luck, good luck! We all know that good luck is caused by lots of hard work. Best wishes.
TEAM SMART

moose

Good luck and best wishes on a new adventure!

Tim

Ohio Blue Tip

Good luck Don and make sure you have fun.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Fast.Fords

Best of luck to you Don.  I've had my own shop for better then 30 years.  When I was faced with some health issues a few years back I sold the big shop and now work out of a 3 car garage and a shed at home.  I work when I want, for whom I want, and on what I want....  If I had it all to do over again I doubt I would change a thing!!!!!!

Bib_Overalls

Never to late.  Friend of mine is in the vending business.  Mostly snacks in schools.  Supported him and his adult son and their families.  Also built rods one at a time in a shop behind the house.

Three years ago the the State legislature passed a law closely regulating the kinds of snacks that could be sold in schools.  Pretty much eliminated candy and anything else that tased good.  His business went south.  His son still runs the route.  But the cash flow took a beating.

So he took his hobby full time. Today, he has 7 employees and recently moved to a 10,000 sf building.  The work is out there.  Go for it.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Crosley.In.AZ

keep going Don...

Janice and I wish you the best...... you are a good friend that we don't physically see much, but a good friend.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat rat

Best of luck Don. Glad to hear things went OK insurance wise with the roadster
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

Good luck in the venture, sure hate that you had to do it this way, but all will work for the best I hope.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Grandadeo

Sounds like you have a real plan and vision.  Stick to it and I know you'll do great. At first I thought maybe you inverted the numbers in the shop name.  Then I looked at mapquest and found where the town is and that Highway 99 runs through it.  Sounds better than MidCal Speed Shop too.  May I be the first to place an order for a Highway 99 Hot Rods T shirt. All the best.  See ya Sunday.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

river1

Quote from: "Grandadeo"May I be the first to place an order for a Highway 99 Hot Rods T shirt. Lee

dam you beat me to it :cry:  oh well i'll be second :D
2X when they're available

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

DRD57

Thanks for all the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

I should have T-shirts available at the roadster show and on the web site shortly after that.

Big logo on the back and small one on the left front.

White ones with this design:

Black ones with this design:

jaybee

Good luck, Don, you deserve it fully.  Things do have a way of working out, even if you can't see how it can possibly happen.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

2rods

All the best in your new endeavor.

BFS57

Hello;
Sounds like a great opportunity to me! Just remember, there has been a bunch of people go into business just to go out of business. Let me explain.
It's not enough to have the drive, knowledge, and will to make it happen, you also have to be business minded! You have to get paid! This hobby is full of guys with beer pocket books and champagne appatites. How can you tell? By always keeping track of just how much money is spent by the customer and don't think for a minute that speaking up will ruine a friendship cause you are in business, you have to take care of you first and let the rest go by the wayside!
my 2 cents worth!
Good Luck!!!

Bruce