Tech: 5" Gauges in AD Chevy/GMC Truck

Started by Danimal, June 02, 2008, 09:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danimal

Quote from: "39deluxe"Strange how just a steering wheel will bring back so many memories. The truck is going to be a nice ride.

Tom

I think this happens a lot. My dad told me all about his mom driving a '53 4 door with the kids to grandma's house with a snack tray in the back seat where they would play games and eat snacks.

My mom's husband's first car was a '53 sport coupe. My neighbor's first was a '54 2 door post.

Sounds like those were really common starter cars for a lot of folks out there.

Got to love them!

39deluxe

That sounds familiar. Ours was a white over blue 4 door with a JC Whitney folding tray that hung over the front seat back. My brother and I would play games and eat on that tray during trips. Dad traded that car on a 3 year old '59 Biscayne just before I  could drive legally but I did spend some time learnig to drive a stick in that car. We kept the '53 Olds up to 1965 when they got a '62 Biscayne.

Danimal

My dad had a '55 210 post that was totalled the night he got engaged to my mom. T boned by a bone head. Put it on its side and he slid through the intersection with his arm out the window. Took off the skin and wiped out the car. Then they had a '39 Chevy humpback until I was about 4 then beetles and my mom's 54 Chevy pick up. That truck is what started it all. I loved riding in the back.

She traded it for a Honda ATC when I was 12 and I hated seeing it go. I got what's left of it back when I was 27 and it sat in the barn until a few months ago. It is on the project list. Got a cab from Enjenjo for it but needs a ton of work. Frame is good but the body is shot. I've got almost enough parts to build it. Should only need a rear bumper for it and a drive train.

She'll live again!