Speaking of Indy

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, June 01, 2008, 10:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

One of my sons and his wife went to Indy this week end - Friday and Saturday nights. Stayed in a nice Comfort Inn & Suites. He backed into a space right in front of a fiberglass(looked to be anyway) light pole. Friday night a big storm blew it over - right on his car.

Power company's pole, and with 20K+ people out of power they didn't get the pole off until noon today. Car was water to the sills and broken glass front to rear and who knows what else. So on Saturday night I told him I'd come down and haul it back to Muskegon for him. Left this morning and arrived to find the pole removed and the car ready in a lot next door. He could probably have driven it but the wife was not to happy about the prospects so we greased it up and slid it in the trailer with a couple inches to spare on the sides and 6 or 7 inches at the rear. Couldn't tie it at the front so we wedged the trailer spare in front, set the parking brake and cross tied it in the rear. Traveled fine. He'll probably never park within falling distance of another light pole.

It'll probably buff right out.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

A little compound and he'll be back on the road. Looks like a total from here.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Yeah, I think so too. 4 years old and 135K on the clock. I think this will probably sting a little. It could be fixed but probably not worth it. He'll probably buy another one of them.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

Bummer.  I heard they had a tornado around Indy.  

With a sawzall he could turn it into a little pickup.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

George - we discussed that - a Macamino....

Charlie

A Hooligan!