so, i sell a truck on ebay......

Started by tomslik, May 31, 2008, 10:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

and the guy who buys it is local, comes up to pay (in cash, i like that) and the 1st thing i ask him was "where's the trailer?".
"oh, i thought i'd pay ya and be back thursday to pick it up"
that was a month and a half ago.....
well, i'm tired of mowing around it and i'm NOT gonna store it for nothing,
PLUS i've sent this guy a bunch of emails with NO response, last one sez i'll have it hauled off at the end of the month.
well, i ain't like that so i delivered it to his "shipping" address yesterday afternoon.
sure hope he lives there  :lol:
kinda nice neiborhood..... :lol:  :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Okiedokie

Bet he tells his wife someone gave it to him. Wouldn't you like to have seen him explain it.

phat rat

Sounds like the 455 Buick motor & trans I sold. The guy paid me in early Dec. last spoke to him early Jan. I have a ph number for both he and his dad, but they are cell numbers and now they are both "no longer in service". Have no idea where he lived just that he was local
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Jbird

I sold a rust bucket 68 Chevy PU twice. I put it a craigs list and two different potential buyers came out to look at it at the same time. I was only asking 4 benjis for it. One guy had to have it, I think he just didn't want the other guy to get it. He pays me and says he'll pick it up the next week end. A chunk of next week ends go by, I called and talked to the guy quite a few times and always got a new promise. Finally I gave him the ultimatum "come get it or I'm hauling it off". I get a brand new next week end promise. Another chunk of next weekends floats by so I put it back on craigs list. The next day a guy came by towing a trailer, he offered me three benjis, we loaded the rusty hulk up and away he went. I called the original buyer and left him a message that I needed to talk to him about the truck. I've been waiting for a response for three years now, do you think I should give up and spend the money?    Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Crosley.In.AZ

tomslik,  sounds fair to me.  I think many of us here have had similar  eggspeariances with car - car parts sales.

Is this the guy that you got a hat from?

about 1989:

I 'returned" a pair of VW bugs to a guy.  I knew him somewhat.

The VW's were not any where near the condition he told me on the mechanicals. I had picked them up from a storage lot at a body shop.  I later found out he was fired from there and had to get the cars out NOW.

After repeated fone calls and excuses, I hauled the VWs over to his house one day.  Dropped them in the driveway.

I've never talked to the guy since.. thankfully I had never given any cash to him.

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

I'd sold a brand new semi trailer tire/wheel to a guy in Kentucky, on ebay.  H e said that he came through here often and would pick it up.  That was in Dec. 06.  Finally, in Dec. 07, I gave him the ulimatum; pick it up by the 31st, or it's going back on ebay.  He'd already paid me the $100 in 06.  The end of January 08 passed by, and I relisted it on ebay, sold it again for $100 to a guy in Indiana.  He picked it up in a coupe weeks.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chopped

You ever check the obituaries for these guys?

Danimal

I sold a '66 F250 and a '54 Chevy truck cab each at least once. The F250 was sold to a HAMBer that paid a deposit and never showed up. His girlfriend sent me an email saying he had computer problems. I told him to go to the library...then I kept the truck.

The '54 Chevy cab I went and got a MI title for it. The guy paid for it and after 6 months finally told me he'd lost his job and to keep the truck. I've been parting it out ever since. Still kept the title and VIN for my son's project!

Leon

I sold a corvair on ebay and the guy pays for it and is giving me stories about when he'll be down to get it, etc.  A year goes by and I told him if it isn't gone I'm hauling it to the scrap yard.  He wants me to rent a storage space and take it there, send him the bill.....    When I got done laughing I told him if he wanted a storage space he had to do it, I even gave him phone numbers of a couple places I'd haul it to, but I don't sign contracts for Anyone else!  He said keep the car, so I sold it to someone else.  The whole reason for selling it was to get it out of my yard, not store it for a year!

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"tomslik,  sounds fair to me.  I think many of us here have had similar  eggspeariances with car - car parts sales.

Is this the guy that you got a hat from?

naw, that guy made the trip from washington (state) for a pretty crappy mgtd body.

about 1989:

I 'returned" a pair of VW bugs to a guy.  I knew him somewhat.

The VW's were not any where near the condition he told me on the mechanicals. I had picked them up from a storage lot at a body shop.  I later found out he was fired from there and had to get the cars out NOW.

After repeated fone calls and excuses, I hauled the VWs over to his house one day.  Dropped them in the driveway.

I've never talked to the guy since.. thankfully I had never given any cash to him.

:lol:

tomslik

Quote from: "Leon"I sold a corvair on ebay and the guy pays for it and is giving me stories about when he'll be down to get it, etc.  A year goes by and I told him if it isn't gone I'm hauling it to the scrap yard.  He wants me to rent a storage space and take it there, send him the bill.....    When I got done laughing I told him if he wanted a storage space he had to do it, I even gave him phone numbers of a couple places I'd haul it to, but I don't sign contracts for Anyone else!  He said keep the car, so I sold it to someone else.  The whole reason for selling it was to get it out of my yard, not store it for a year!

exactly!

river1

Quote from: "tomslik"well, i'm tired of mowing around it

have your wife start mowing the grass :shock:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

tomslik

Quote from: "river1"

later jim

she does the yard, i do the field.
besides, she don't know how to run the tractor (9N) :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "river1"

later jim

she does the yard, i do the field.
besides, she don't know how to run the tractor (9N) :lol:

I wonder who is at fault for your wife not knowing how to operate the tractor.

it is 2008 , these women want to be equal !
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

38FordPU

This so classic, I had to teach my wife how to run my 1959 Oliver 550 before I left for Afghanistan so she could do the field herself. I can't wait to see how that turns out, just as long as nothing happens to her or to the tractor. nice going on the delivery, did you send him a bill?