HAMB cinnematic ?

Started by GPster, May 22, 2008, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I'l be happening with it. Ryan and I have been in contact with each other and I'll be there. Will anybody else? Debb, I know that lawn chairs, umbrellas and tents are hard to carry on a motorcycle but I'll have them  there. Of course you might have to share "Nap Time" with a five-year-old. GPster

57larry

still can't see the point of this show. what am I missing? a few cars sitting in an drive in parking lot, a stupid movie to see, what else is there to do? just asking

Carnut

heh, heh, 57larry give up while you are behind, it's a 'Culture' thing.

Dave

Quote from: "57larry"still can't see the point of this show. what am I missing? a few cars sitting in an drive in parking lot, a stupid movie to see, what else is there to do? just asking

I gotta agree.. But when i do stuff like this or voice my opinion i either get told i have a bad attitude  or told to shut up...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  It is a free world still though and untill it isnt anymore i guess were all entitled so say what we want to say. Ya I dont even watch movies much at home let alone go sit and a drive in... I could go on further about the things ive seen on this subject on another board and the comments that were made in reference to it but then again id prolly * someone off........
Dave :arrow:

GPster

Well, basically I see it as a chance to maybe sell some of the stuff I have. Me and the five-year-old I'll have with me are not allowed out after dark. No better than my hearing , sight and persception of peoples reactions are it would be better for me to deal with a buyer face-to-face. Also because of that it would be easier to at least have the crowd of prespective buyers to be narrowed down to people that might be interested in what I have to sell. That's what it's worth to me. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "GPster"Well, basically I see it as a chance to maybe sell some of the stuff I have. Me and the five-year-old I'll have with me are not allowed out after dark. No better than my hearing , sight and persception of peoples reactions are it would be better for me to deal with a buyer face-to-face. Also because of that it would be easier to at least have the crowd of prespective buyers to be narrowed down to people that might be interested in what I have to sell. That's what it's worth to me. GPster

So, your not attending to see old friends and make new ones?  Not interested in checking out a bunch of cars that you've probably not seen in person before?  Or hearing a cool band?  Just going to hawk your wares?  Sad, very sad....and here I was looking forward to seeing you and hanging out.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

GPster

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"So, your not attending to see old friends and make new ones?  Not interested in checking out a bunch of cars that you've probably not seen in person before?  Or hearing a cool band?  Just going to hawk your wares?  Sad, very sad....and here I was looking forward to seeing you and hanging out.
Well, I suppose it's my outdated sense of responsability. I will have my five year old grand son with me and I don't think it's responsable to let him roam the grounds un-attended while I strole around doing what you think I ought to be doing. At our house we will be having our yearly "Grammy Camp" and one: I didn't want to leave Linda alone with the three. Two: I thought that the yougest and the only male might appreciate some time away from the girls. Also, It bothers me at swap meets to look at something and not be able to find the owner to ask about it because he's no where around. So I guess I'm stuck in the middle. I don't give my opinion to just open my mouth and when I answer the question truthfully I'm told I'm wrong. GPster

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"So, your not attending to see old friends and make new ones?  Not interested in checking out a bunch of cars that you've probably not seen in person before?  Or hearing a cool band?  Just going to hawk your wares?  Sad, very sad....and here I was looking forward to seeing you and hanging out.
Well, I suppose it's my outdated sense of responsability. I will have my five year old grand son with me and I don't think it's responsable to let him roam the grounds un-attended while I strole around doing what you think I ought to be doing. At our house we will be having our yearly "Grammy Camp" and one: I didn't want to leave Linda alone with the three. Two: I thought that the yougest and the only male might appreciate some time away from the girls. Also, It bothers me at swap meets to look at something and not be able to find the owner to ask about it because he's no where around. So I guess I'm stuck in the middle. I don't give my opinion to just open my mouth and when I answer the question truthfully I'm told I'm wrong. GPster

You can certainly do whatever you are comfortable with and if sitting at your swap space for the whole day is what you chose to do great.  If you chose to check out a few cars, hand in hand with your grandson, and introduce him to some hot rod folks AND their children, well you just might have an even better time.  

I'll try to remember to park between the swap area and the restrooms so at least I can have the privledge of perhaps a wave or nod as you pass by. :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

phat rat

Quote from: "GPster"

Joe, I certainly agree with you on this. I figure if you're there to sell don't leave the space unattended. Can't begin to remember all the times I've looked at something and not been able to find the seller in his spot. As a swapper I've missed a lot of things at shows, but the alternative is no sales. Would you go to a store if you knew no clerk would be there to wait on you? Of course not.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

When I am selling, I am selling. Any number of shows I vended at, I never saw the cars. And if someone wanted to see me, they knew where to look.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

57larry

how did the show turn out?

GPster

Quote from: "57larry"how did the show turn out?
I'd say it was a very pleasant gathering of "like minded" people. Any one that went with high expectations would have missd the point. I do not have a Vendor personality so I'm pleased that the items that left my care have found a useful existance somewhere else. GPster

57larry

I like that phrase "like mined people" yes that sums it up

GPster

Quote from: "57larry"I like that phrase "like mined people" yes that sums it up
I don't know why some people feel free to turn my words (and spelling) to suit them. GPster

57larry

don't quite understand. what are you trying to say?