Dash mounted automatic shifter

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, May 17, 2008, 09:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

A few years ago someone in the street rod industry was marketing a dash mounted 3 speed automatic shifter. Seems like the lever moved up and down.

Anyone remember who made them? Have a friend who wants one.

Thanks,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

wayne petty

what about the ones used in late 60's  A series dodge vans?????

the ones with mid engines????

maybe use a set of planetarys out of a transmission to gear reduce a turn knob with a pointer to change the gears with a conventional morse cable and conventional brackets on the tranny...

or mod one of the dozens of styles of shifters that are available to fit in the dash.. shifting through a slot...

when people ask a question... i can see so many ways to do it...

enjenjo

For some reason, I recall the Fairlane fiberfglass guy was making them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Uncle Bob

Windsor Fabrication made (maybe still do?) one that mounted under the dash.  Used a Ford style cowl vent handle, had a detent system and neutral safety switch as part of the head assy, and a marine style cable.  Worked very well.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks guys. I'll pass on your answers.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Dave

Ya harold at windsor had one but i dont know if it ever took off or not.. Maybe George can stop and ask him since he is right down the street.
Dave

purplepickup

Yes, Harold at Windsor Fabrications still sells his.  Reports are that it works good.  His phone number is 269-964-2128.
George

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks George,

I'll tell my friend. He's looking to buy something not to re-engineering something.

Charlie

Quote from: "purplepickup"Yes, Harold at Windsor Fabrications still sells his.  Reports are that it works good.  His phone number is 269-964-2128.

A Hooligan!