Power Seat Wiring

Started by MikeC, June 06, 2004, 09:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeC

I just picked-up a set of 97 Suburban 6 way power seats for my 39 Chevy 2-door sedan.  I want to get them mounted but I think I should find the middle position of both forward/back, up/down, etc before mounting.??
The seats have heaters and power lumbar as well as 6-way movement.
The pig tail has 5 wires; 2 Orange, one yellow, a brown and a black.  Can someone give me an idea of what goes to what motor.  I am going to temporarily hook up to my battery quick jump to find the mounting positions.
Thanks for your help.
MikeC

47convert

Black should be the ground, and I'd suspect the heat to be a size bigger than the others. Other than that it's trial and error - with the (-) on the black wire you should be able to test the rest safely enough - I'd use a battery charger with about 6 to 10 amps capacity for testing.

36couper

Quote from: "MikeC"I just picked-up a set of 97 Suburban 6 way power seats for my 39 Chevy 2-door sedan.  I want to get them mounted but I think I should find the middle position of both forward/back, up/down, etc before mounting.??
The seats have heaters and power lumbar as well as 6-way movement.
The pig tail has 5 wires; 2 Orange, one yellow, a brown and a black.  Can someone give me an idea of what goes to what motor.  I am going to temporarily hook up to my battery quick jump to find the mounting positions.
Thanks for your help.
MikeC
I installed a pair of Cadillac CTS buckets in my coupe. I think they are basically the same as the Suburbans (not sure though). Mike is right, the black is ground and on the drivers side, orange is power. I didn't hook up the heater so I can't help you there. With the ground and the orange connected to power, all positions work.