Free old car magazines

Started by junkyardjeff, April 11, 2008, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkyardjeff

I am doing some cleaning and I have too many car magazines and I dont want to throw them out,I have Streetrodder and similar from the 80s up and Car craft and Hotrod fron the early 70s to recent.  I did find some early to late 70s Rod action and Streetrodder but I will be keeping them unless someone has something interesting to trade.  I have too many to ship and there has to be someone who could use them but I need them gone soon.   Jeff

Old Tin Bill

take them to a swap meet. Guys out here are charging an arm and a leg for old Car Craft and Rod&Custom.

Beck

I always go through the old magazines and cut out any photos, features, or articles that I think I may want to refer to in the future. I have a filing cabinet that I log things into. Features and photos are by year of car. Tech articles are by area of car (motor, front suspension, etc.). After they are cut up I take them to work and put a few out on the lunch table at a time. Maybe I can convert a fellow worker to a rodder. They just disapear after a few weeks.

chimp koose

If there are no takers try donating them to a high school auto shop . When my kids finish an exam before the rest of the class they dig a car mag out of the pile at the front of the class.

Crosley.In.AZ

I've tried selling old mags at swap meets for a buck a piece.  I had a few sales.  Usually I was offered less and took it.

I just throw the mags out now.... actually into the recycle trash bin I now have from the city.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

breeder

yeah, take them to a library....they would love that and you could change a kids life!
www.kropdusters.com
RUST REVIVAL MAY 20TH-30TH WAYLAND, MO

WWW.RUSTREVIVAL.COM