302 fi into 40 ford

Started by fancyfords, April 03, 2008, 05:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fancyfords

Have a 1989 Merc Grand Marquis with a fuel injected 302 and auto trans and want to put into my 40 Ford sedan deluxe. Anyone out there done this?

348tripower

Quote from: "fancyfords"Have a 1989 Merc Grand Marquis with a fuel injected 302 and auto trans and want to put into my 40 Ford sedan deluxe. Anyone out there done this?

Yes. It will fit fine.
Don Colliau

enjenjo

Ford sells a stand alone harness for this too, there are also several aftermarket suppliers.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

The Ford harness has extras that you may not want to deal with. Painless, RJM injection and Massfloefi make harnesses. Ford doesn't service eec iv anymore so they're not much help. If you buy new components and not a bunch of used junk like I did, it's not bad. Go to Fordfuelinjection.com and do research.
TEAM SMART

zzebby

I am in the middle of doing a similar swap.  fordfuelinjection.com is good info.   You will want to switch to the Mustang mass air system and the A9P  or  A9L  computer.    I didn't like the Ford relay boxes so bought aftermarket,  Cooper Bussman.  Watch out for the Ford connectors,  they will go open sometimes.