How i spent easter Sunday.. Pics included......

Started by Dave, March 23, 2008, 05:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well I bought this moon style tank on Ebay and although it was bigger than advertised it worked great on the new roadster but it needed a lil polish. My arms are tired but this was the end result for today anyway. I can always make it better. Ive got to get some more 3/8 aluminum line to hook it up as an over flow tank but its about done now.. I have to change out the ignition switch cause its funky,,, plumb in the tank and thats about it. Im ready to cruise.
Enjoy the pics..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

Dave

Heres what it looked like off the ups truck  8)
Dave

Charlie Chops 1940

So...what kinda gas ya gonna put in that tank...or is it just bling?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

What are you going to use for a switch? I'm not happy with mine either. I think it's problem has to do with poor quality in manufacturing. You have to line up the key just right to hit the slot. I'm ready for something better.
TEAM SMART

Deuce

Quote from: "jusjunk"Heres what it looked like off the ups truck  8)
Dave

How much does it hold ?? ... 55 gallons ???
Sure is LARGE
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Dave

Quote from: "Deuce"
Quote from: "jusjunk"Heres what it looked like off the ups truck  8)
Dave

How much does it hold ?? ... 55 gallons ???
Sure is LARGE

Its a 3 1/2 gallon. the smaller ones are 2 or 2 1/2.. It will be fine and can always be replaced.. Ive seen this size and the smaller size used a lot.. This ones just longer ..
Charlie .. what difference does it make if its bling or not bling..
Bill I havent decided yet.. Ive got a brand new switch that you have to wiggle to get the car shut off ..
:lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Charlie Chops 1940

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

Put a diode in the alternator exciter wire and it will shut off.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"Put a diode in the alternator exciter wire and it will shut off.

Frank thats not it... Its got a 1 wire alternator. I had another switch in it and it worked fine and its intermittent also.. Ill work on it...

Oh ya Deuce on the size of the tank im assuming you have the rodders digest # 32 :?:  Its the only one I have and was bought for me while I was in the hospital if i remember right as they get too much money for that * things.. Look at the McMullen  roadster and take note of the size of the tank.. I woulda liked to have had the 2 1/2 gallon but the price was right on this one too..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

msuguydon

Wow Dave, that looks great!   I bet it would look really nice parked next to a palm tree or two!   :lol:
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart