Im wipped.. Fingers hurt arms hurt but i got plates

Started by Dave, March 11, 2008, 07:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

And a top... I watched Sids video on the top 5 times and he sure makes it look easy.. Actually it is but ive got a couple questionable wrinkles in the fabric .. He is either not pulling as hard as I was or he is one tough sumbish..  :lol:  :lol: Im not crazy about the placement of the vertical supports on the top at the rear.. Now I know why when I was at charlie chops looking at his chavers frame why he moved them.. At least I think thats why..
Heres the pics and sorry bout the kinda blurry one..
Dave
Oh ya i have a plate too..

Charlie Chops 1940

Yeah, that's why Dave. That  piece wanted to whack me on the left ear. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to sit so far back in the car, although the seat has to be a bit forward so that the back of my head doesn't touch the top.  The seating is compromised some but not enough to make it uncomfortable I think.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Yeah, that's why Dave. That  piece wanted to whack me on the left ear. Probably wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to sit so far back in the car, although the seat has to be a bit forward so that the back of my head doesn't touch the top.  The seating is compromised some but not enough to make it uncomfortable I think.

Charlie

Thats what i thought charlie.. I like to set as far back as i can also and the bar hits me in the center of the back of my head..  :lol:  :lol: I guess ill have to learn how to sit different..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

kb426

How big a job is it to move the bars? Is this something that if you don't do it, it will make you crazy forever?
TEAM SMART

Fuzzy

No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

It's a cut some of the horizontal top and bottom bar out on the ouside of each vertical then move the vertical over and add the cut out horizontal back in on the inside. It messes up the factory powder coat but I'm piecing mine together from pieces parts to fit the Duvall w/s anyway. I don't have fabric yet. I bought a Shavers top without the material from a HAMB guy quite cheap and will have my top guy do the fabric for me later.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bugpac

Real roadsters dont have tops, or fenders, you should have built a coupe if you wanted a top... :lol:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"Real roadsters dont have tops, or fenders, you should have built a coupe if you wanted a top... :lol:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

IM GONNA IGNORE YOUR COMMENTS AS YOU HAVE YET TO GET PAST THE DUNE BUGGY STAGE LIL GUY  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bugpac

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Bugpac"Real roadsters dont have tops, or fenders, you should have built a coupe if you wanted a top... :lol:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

IM GONNA IGNORE YOUR COMMENTS AS YOU HAVE YET TO GET PAST THE DUNE BUGGY STAGE LIL GUY  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Lol, you just wait, you come see what it will do and you will think twice about the lil guy, lol... :D

Grandadeo

Spoken like someone who hasn't made several trips to the Dermatologist to get skin cancers cut out or frozen.  When I drive cross county to LA my top is on.  I take it off when I get there and use lots of sun screen.  Four days of baking in the sun, although cool looking, is kinda dumb.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Bugpac

Quote from: "Grandadeo"

Spoken like someone who hasn't made several trips to the Dermatologist to get skin cancers cut out or frozen.  When I drive cross county to LA my top is on.  I take it off when I get there and use lots of sun screen.  Four days of baking in the sun, although cool looking, is kinda dumb.

Lee

Not yet i havent, But it was a jk if no one caught on...Notice the fender bit... :D

Grandadeo

[/quote]

Not yet i havent, But it was a jk if no one caught on...Notice the fender bit... :D[/quote]

I figured you were just pulling Dave's (gold) chain.  It's just that my lasted round with the Dermatologist hasn't fully healed yet and I try to preach the merits of protecting against the sun when ever I can.  Especially important living down here in Paradise with 12 months of roadster driving.  I guess I learned the hard way.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

enjenjo

They have now decided that caffeine protects from skin cancer, go figure.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Brootal

That's a good looking top, but I've seen the price of them and they would want to be good!  :shock:

Just one simple question, I'm pretty sure these things come apart and pack away into a small bag that you can then stow in your 'storage challenged' hot rod. Do they also fold down like a 'normal' roadster top?

If so, what do they look like when folded down?
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Dave

Quote from: "Brootal"That's a good looking top, but I've seen the price of them and they would want to be good!  :shock:

Just one simple question, I'm pretty sure these things come apart and pack away into a small bag that you can then stow in your 'storage challenged' hot rod. Do they also fold down like a 'normal' roadster top?

If so, what do they look like when folded down?

No they do not fold down but they do come apart and store in 2 nice storage bags. I havent tried that ye but I need to pull it here soon so i may or may not try that.. I have a couple spots on the top where the material doesnd seem like its tight enuff and i pulled my * off just like the video said  to do when i stapled it to the header.. Hopefully a good baking in the sun will smooth it out.. It still looks good though..
Dave
:wink:  :arrow: