The Heritage Tour, Autorama and the Whiskey Ridge Special

Started by Charlie Chops 1940, March 10, 2008, 05:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Chops 1940

Wow, what a great weekend!

The Heritage Museum tour was really neat. Thanks again Bob K. for all the effort you put into that deal. Ohio Blue Tip, Slick 50(Ken),  Deville Gal(Vickie), and a HAMB member whose handle I can't recall rode out there with me. It was a great ride for renewing and making new friends. It was also my birthday and Ken & Vickie treated me. Thanks again.

I've been going to Cobo longer than I can remember but this is the first time I'd ever shown a car there. I had a lot of fun meeting new folks and got to share the car and the build with a lot of interested guys. The car received the Rod & Custom Pick and 2nd place in its class - Altered T roadster pickup. The T right in front of me got 1st in the same class. The car was shot by at least three pro photographers and it will hopefully be in some event coverage in a couple magazines and maybe a slick Detroit scene coffee table book to be published in 2009. It will also be shot later for one of the major magazines.

All in all a great weekend with a lot of friends.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Way to go charlie.. major mags... Im jealous..
Dave

Scrap Fe

Quote from: Charlie Chops 1940Wow, what a great weekend!

Good on ya Charlie.  That guy Bob K. is real special when it comes to organizing an event.

I should have paint on mine in mid April so there is a possibility I might get to drive it this year.  Only 25 years in the making.

kb426

It's nice that others appreciate your craftmanship and ideas. When it comes out in one of the mags, I can say " I know that celebrity".
TEAM SMART

oldbobsign

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Way cool, Charlie!!!   :D

Thanks so much for taking the time on Saturday to describe the build.  You did an incredible job and it was the highlight of a day filled with highlights for me!!!

I'd like to echo your thanks to Bob K. for the GM Heritage Center tour.  8)

Fuzzy

Congratulations Charlie :b-d: You certainly deserve the recognition.Not too shabby for a first time showing at Detroit.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

n.c.rodder

OMG does that make you a gold chainer now :?:  :?:  8)  8)
We only have room for one of those in Michigan & I doubt he wants to relinquish his title.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

moose

Charlie,
Good talking to ya in Detroit. Congrats on the hardware and future ink! Good thing the TRP has no top no need to make room for the swelling cranium LOL. Really deserving recognition I think!!

Tim

dragrcr50

welllll , not bad for a yankee,   Congrats Charlie, I saw that coming long ago looking at pics of the build.............and happy B day young fella..sam
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

enjenjo

Very impressed Charlie. the more I looked, the more I saw, lots of neat details.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

slocrow

Me thinks the cranium has started the swell, by the looks of the fit........

Congrats on the R&C pick and the other attention from those in the know. Second in class first time out, isn't shabby either.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

Congratulations on the recognition Charlie.  I know you don't go out looking for it but it's nice when it comes to you.  The RPU looks like it will be lots of fun.

Quote from: "phat rat"Hey Frank, nice pic of three DUFFERS
Jack, here's a pic of the other duffer.  Sorta looks like nap time for Slocrow.
George