Top chop Update

Started by Fuzzy, March 01, 2008, 11:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

It's coming together well,and I'm really pleased at the way it looks.The Relix Car Club was here Friday night and had quite a crowd.Once again John Kouw took the reins and had things rolling smoothly.A buddy from Kalamazoo drove his hotrod,which he drives all year round.
No billet for this kid!

Fuzzy

No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

Looks like it's coming along pretty good Fuzzy. Ya got a good advisor and looks like plenty of help. Good job.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fuzzy

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Looks like it's coming along pretty good Fuzzy. Ya got a good advisor and looks like plenty of help. Good job.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie.I ran into Rob Marshall at breakfast this morning and he said you and Ken had mentioned it.John is doing most of the work,and I think that's the way he'd really like it.He said he wants it right,so I'm a helper/gopher.Yeah,we had 22 guys here last night.Lot of serious fun!

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

kb426

I'm excited for you. It's great that you have someone who's exp. to lead the party. That car is going to be so different when you get done that people will wonder what it is.
TEAM SMART

Dave

Looking good fuzzy.. loks like a good party too..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

oldbobsign

Thanks for postin' the progress Fuzzy, it's lookin' amazing. I see what you meant about crowd control :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Fuzzy   :!:   Help finance that project  :?  :?  Start charging admission   :idea:  :wink:   Lookin' GREAT  :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

KustomLincolnLady

Looks good Fuzzy!!  Didn't know you had that many friends  :lol:

we've got a hot rod they can play with :)

Debb

39deluxe

Your car is taking on an amazing new personality. What a difference. I never would have thought to chop one of these but now I want one.

Tom

Fuzzy

You know I never did care much for this body style,but the price was right and a parts car(twin) came with it.When I talked to John about chopping it,I mentioned the old saying ,"You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear".I think by adding the Ford roof section,it is really transforming the look of the car.I really like it myself,but as they say,I'm the only one that has to.Thanks for your support!

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

CQQL33

WOW !!  I didn't know you needed that many guys to chop a top !!!!!   8)

dv8

Good  job, What engine and trans are you planning to run?

Fuzzy

I'm running a 318 with a 904 tranny.I've got the welding done on the inside on the left side and the door top almost done.This weekend I'll do the right side.I planned on pushing it outside this weekend to take a few pix,but now that we got about 9" of new snow :evil:  :evil:  :evil: ,that idea is just a pipe dream.
The best news is that I survived more job cuts at work today.I hope they're done,it's awfully scary.One of my old supervisors told us,don't worry about something you have no control over. :shock: .BUL&$%%T!!
That's my house payment.

Fuzzy
No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

Looking pretty good Mr. Chop. Love it when a plan comes together. I need to get down your way and personally inspect it. When are viewings scheduled?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!