Top chop Update

Started by Fuzzy, March 01, 2008, 11:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

Charlie,I get home from work about 4:00.I'm here pretty much every evening,and am in the garage just about all weekend.When you have some free time,come on over.I'll PM you my phone # just to make sure I'm home.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Fuzzy

Well the sun has been out for the last two days,and Idid roll the 50 outside after all.I was anxious to get a look at it from a little farther away than just in the garage.I'm very happy with the look,and can't wait til we get the sail panels wrapped up. 8)

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

UGLY OLDS

Lookin' GREAT Fuzz... :!:   You're gonna have them scratchin' their heads about the make .. :?  :?   Nice work... :D

Bob...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Are you going to fill with the window the current length or make the window a little longer? Ya might make a paper cover for the sail area and spray it with some rattle can yellow to see how that area looks with the current size.

Sometimes that area can get a little heavy...I'm not saying it is...just a thought.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fuzzy

Thanks Bob,you're right there could be some guessing as to what it is.To add to the mystery,I'm not using the stock grille either.Charlie,that was a concern of John's as well.You and John both have an eye for that kind of thing.The lower rear of the 1/4 window is  welded in about 4" rearward of stock location.A section with the drip rail from about mid-door all the way back to behind the 1/4 was cut out and moved back.I think you can see that from the new pix.I tried my stock 1/4 glass last night and it fit the opening,but needs shortening on the bottom edge.Stop by sometime.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

Sounds like you got it covered.

PM your phone number to me.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

dv8

Fuzzy, I was following your progress on the Plymouth that you chopped last winter, I was wondering how it is progressing and if you have any more photos
Thanks
Chris

Fuzzy

Ok,here's the latest pics.I hope to have most of the welding done this weekend.The weather is supposed to be nice,so there are a few things to do in the yard before it gets crappy.I should still have enough garage time though.The pic with the stock windshield moulding,gives you an idea
how much it changed.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

dv8

Thanks for the update, it looks great

tonto1

Any more updates on the chop?
That's going to be one NICE looking car
Why are there more horses a**es in the world than there are horses?

Fuzzy

Well,here's where it's at right now.I finished stripping the rest of the paint off the roof,and finished up a little bit of welding on the drip rails.I sure like working with epoxy primer,it's pretty tough stuff.I sandblasted all the welds,and all the surface rust that had formed since the last time.After the primer I ever-glassed all the welds and then started with the mud work.My shop is officially trashed,and I decided I don't like sanding.Who does?But ya'gotta do what ya' gotta do.I didn't get anything done over Thanksgiving as I was out of town to Dad's in Illinois.I'll post more pics after the weekend.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

barnsey

Exelent job, all the proportions look just right as well, thats going to look very kool with a lick of paint on it.
cheers barnsey

Fuzzy

Thanks,Barnsey.Here's a couple pics I forgot to post after I finished the sandblasting.

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

Charlie Chops 1940

Good profile there Fuzzy. Coming along real well now.

Charlie

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.