gas

Started by Bob C, March 01, 2008, 02:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob C

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA - GAS .....GOT THIS FROM A FRIEND AND WANTED TO SEE IF YOU AGREE

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON--
Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.
It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.
Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell.......................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil..............130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway..117,740,000 barrels
Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo Gas comes from South America, from a Dictator who hates Americans.

Do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (Oil is now $90-$95 a barrel)

Here are some large companies that
DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco................ 0 barrels
Conoco................ 0 barrels
Sinclair................ 0 barrels
BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels
Hess.................... 0 barrels
ARC0................... 0 barrels
Also: Pilot, Flying J, Love's, RaceTrac, Valero

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy
and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much
they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll
explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and

those 300 send it to a t least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and

so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people,

we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers !!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it ..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all yo u have to do is send this to

10 people. How long would all that take?

If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next eight days
Bob

Leon

This makes the rounds every 6 months and has never worked.  Why?  most people don't care.  A lot of jobs out here are getting 6 figure pay (not me - I'm poor compared to them) and they don't care where they buy gas.  In town there are two stations on the same corner, one "cheap" station and one name brand station.  The name brand place is usually $.25 a gallon more and people fill that place up.  I asked a friend why he goes there and he said he has their gas card.  Both places take Visa and Mastercard.   One local place drops his prices occasionally on Sundays by as much as $.50 less than everyone else.  I see people at the high price places because they don't want to wait 15 minutes in line.  What's worse, the stations in the list that don't import Middle Eastern oil - The closest to where I live to find one is 50 miles.  All the stations in my town are on the other list.

Uncle Bob

When you * into the wind the only thing you really accomplish is getting your trouser legs wet.

In addition to what Leon says the reason this doesn't work is that we consume every drop we produce and then some.  This little ditty makes the rounds as does another that says something like "Boycott __________oil company because__________________!  Let's assume that people did "care" enough to pursue this folly.  That means all the consumers would descend on the non-stricken stations, swallowing up their inventory.  Once you exceed the ability of their manufacturing and distribution, they will have to turn to another source to keep pumping what the customers want.  Guess where they'll go?  Yup, to the company that's being boycotted.  Net, net, they still sell their stuff, and because the boycotters caused a shift in the buying pattern there will likely be lines and higher prices to boot.  As for the idea that government mandated allocations was "good for us", all we need do is look back at what REALLY happened when petroleum pricing was decontrolled in 1981, prices dropped, supplies increased, and oil company profits dropped (not necessarily a good thing if we want to sustain hot rodding).  

Today, the government doesn't directly control the price, they restrict the production of domestic crude oil by closing off known reserves of crude from production.  In order for the oil industry to meet market demand they are forced to go to other crude markets (e.g. S.A), so again, unintended consequences (or a conspiracy theorist might say intended) of your friendly "Big Brother".
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Crosley.In.AZ

yep ,  a  spam email thread that is spread around.

I started cutting back on driving and fuel use over 2 years ago..  Our diesel VW Jetta is producing around 44 - 45 mpg at the moment.  

Diesel fuel here is 3.63 to 3.68 a gallon

I paid 3.00 a gallon for regular gasoline at Costco this morning (sunday) ... 58 buck$ to fill the truck up
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Husker

Boycotts won't work, to many fat cats could care less about the rest of us so we are just screwed.

Prices are nuts and will only get worse. Our American car companies were so focused on getting fat of selling SUV's and Trucks they did not pay attention to economy. Now they all cry because the foreigners are taking over, that I find funny.

GM especially makes me laugh, they axed a great electric car because it didn't break down enough. Crushed them all in the desert instead of letting people continue to use them. What a joke, now we all pay for it.

Crosley.In.AZ

true.. boycott does not work.   cutting back fuel usage does though.

I would use a fossil fuel free vehicle if it could travel 100 miles a day and provide the a/c needed here in the summer time... the EV-1 car was not there as I recall.... bicycles do not count.

I thought GM went into the EV-1 program purely as an experiment from the start , that is why the cars were only offered on a lease?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Uncle Bob

What got less coverage was that Toyota also had a "zero emissions" (total electric) test fleet in California that it evenually scrapped as well.  Both programs were a test and the overall result was that the cars failed to deliver across the entire need of the market place.  

As for U.S. auto makers hurting themselves by focusing on SUVs and the like, they were/are providing the cars people actually wanted, not some pipe dream of a tree hugger or pandering politician.  As proof you might want to think about the latest new model additions to the vaunted Toyota line up; 1 hybrid specific, 4 SUV/crossovers/full size pickup.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

rumrumm

FYI: Before you believe some of the nonsense that is out there in cyberspace, check it to make sure it is accurate by going to www.snopes.com. For instance:

www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/saudigas.asp

It is a good source for determining if something is true or not.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Carnut

Darn, I often wonder who it is that forces all those folks to go out and spend their hard earned money to buy those big gas guzzling SUV's?

Must be mind control or something.

There ought to be a law.

tomslik

Quote from: "Carnut"Darn, I often wonder who it is that forces all those folks to go out and spend their hard earned money to buy those big gas guzzling (hot rods?)Must be mind control or something.

There ought to be a law.

we got enough laws....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat rat

Quote from: "Carnut"Darn, I often wonder who it is that forces all those folks to go out and spend their hard earned money to buy those big gas guzzling SUV's?

Must be mind control or something.

There ought to be a law.

We buy them so we can actually haul something. This is in the Big Horn Mts on U.S. 14 between Sheridan Wy and Greybull Wy. Not a road for 6's or small V8's pulling anything
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

bucketmouth

Umm talking about gas guzzlers I think our hotrods might be in the same league.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

phat rat

Quote from: "bucketmouth"Umm talking about gas guzzlers I think our hotrods might be in the same league.

I've gotten as high as 19.5 mpg with mine. I regularly run 17-18.5 mpg out on the highway. This is with a 454/700R/3.42 combo. The 700R4 helps tremendously.  The first set-up I had in it was a .090 over 396/T-350/3.42 made 14 mpg once most of the time it was around 12 mpg
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "bucketmouth"Umm talking about gas guzzlers I think our hotrods might be in the same league.

I've gotten as high as 19.5 mpg with mine. I regularly run 17-18.5 mpg out on the highway. This is with a 454/700R/3.42 combo. The 700R4 helps tremendously.  The first set-up I had in it was a .090 over 396/T-350/3.42 made 14 mpg once most of the time it was around 12 mpg

This is what makes me sick.  I've got a '99 Ranger w/4.0 V6, auto OD, and just last weekend I got 19.5 mpg, and it was all interstate driving, 65/70 mph.  What a joke; FI V6, and that's the best that it can do.  And, according to the gps, the speedo is spot on, so no discrepancies there.  It usually gets 15/16 combined driving; I think I could probably get that much with the '58 wagon; 350, 3 spd., 3:36 rear.  Shoulda stuck with the big trucks. :roll:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

39deluxe

The new hybrid '08 Chevy Tahoe and '09 half ton pickups turn in some great mpg numbers for the guys that need bigger vehicles. You don't always have to look at foriegn manufacturers. Keep in mind that the Chevy Volt is due out before too long too. American manufacturers are working on this problem even if they don't get the good press.

I'm fortunate that the closest station to me and the one I stop at going to work is a Sunoco. I worked at Sunoco when I was a kid and always have been brand loyal to them. Around here prices are the same for brands and off brand stations; maybe a penny different sometimes. When Sunoco became the fuel of NASCAR I was very happy.

Tom