Tube bender

Started by Bugpac, February 17, 2008, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

Anyone have a jd2 model 3 bender, and a 1.5" tube die, 4-6 weeks for delivery and i need for about 4 hrs... :D  rent/ loan/ trade whatever it may be... :D Just the die, not the whole machine.... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Bugpac"Anyone have a jd2 model 3 bender, and a 1.5" tube die, 4-6 weeks for delivery and i need for about 4 hrs... :D  rent/ loan/ trade whatever it may be... :D Just the die, not the whole machine.... :D

You could check on Craigslist... :!:
But watch out, there's some shady characters over there... :P  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

C9

Quote from: "Bugpac"Anyone have a jd2 model 3 bender, and a 1.5" tube die, 4-6 weeks for delivery and i need for about 4 hrs... :D  rent/ loan/ trade whatever it may be... :D Just the die, not the whole machine.... :D

How much of a bend do you need?

Within the last couple of years AV8 wrote an article and posted it to the HAMB on using dry sand and a torch to bend tubing.

In it he stated the Fuller, the dragster chassis guy has always bent tubing with this method.

Might be worth the trouble to search for it.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Bugpac

I need to make six bends, but they are in a structural cage...I prefer to use a die, I have a bender, but i dont have 1.5" dies...And yes raven there is some real shadet characters on craigslist, at least 2 anyways... :D

35WINDOW

Wish it were 1 1/4"-I've got a Pro Tools Bender and would be happy to bend a few for you-

Bugpac

thank ya, thats my problem, i got a 1.25 and a 1" die....The tubes i need to bend are about 12' long, and have 3 bends in them, so shipping wouldnt be realistic either... :shock:

C9

Quote from: "Bugpac"thank ya, thats my problem, i got a 1.25 and a 1" die....The tubes i need to bend are about 12' long, and have 3 bends in them, so shipping wouldnt be realistic either... :shock:

If ya don't use the smaller dies, could you clamp them together and bore em out?

Or maybe swap some tube bending for a little machine work and have somebody make some dies for you?
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

UGLY OLDS

It's a shame the parts are so long...If they were shorter you could give them to Sue to replace her rolling pin for about a week...Keepin'
Dave in line they would be bent in nothin' flat  :!:  :!:  :roll:  :wink:

Bob.....
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****