Daytona 500

Started by Dave, February 17, 2008, 02:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

From what i see on TV the toyota's have as much as 30 dynoed horse power more that the competition :!: Seems interesting that Dale Jr drove right by em all twice now :?: My picks for the 500... Jr 1st Tony 2nd Mikey somewhere top 5 or 6 and a lot of wrecking.. Id like to see that ups truck near the front too. The Bud Shoot out was great and I can See Dale and Tony and the crew telling Teresa she was number 1 after that win.. Just goes to show you the kid can drive.. The thing Im not happy about was the weather said its gonna be in the 80's there today.. Bastards...
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

my prediction is tony is out  by lap 175.... :D I definetly see a toyota at the finish line i think, my prediction is kyle bush, and i hate that bastard, lol....
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Rayvyn

I like quite a few of the guys, but I'm partial to Martin Truex Jr.

His dad was a couple of years ahead of me in High School, and went on to race quite successfully on the northeast circuits before he gave up his ride to the kid.
The dad drove alot of modified class cars, and alot of people don't know this but Truex Sr. was the first driver to stop and help Ray Evernham get out of his crashed modified at Flemington Speedway in N.J. during a race. Evernham was burned badly in that wreck.

Quite a few years later they had an all star old timers event at Flemington that was televised on the old TNN network. The track owner, Joe Hall (An old driver himself) and another driver that ran back then, Rich LeFever, did the trackside commentary for the show.  Evernham was there for the event, but didn't drive it. The crash brought back some bad memories and he backed out of driving in the show.

Joe Hall used to buzz around the track on one of those motorized skateboards on racing nights. He spent the races in the stands, pits and infields with the common folk. He busted his face up one night while riding that motorboard. He only had it about a week and was still wobbly on it. He was cruising by the grandstand and someone shouted at him. He turned around to see who it was and turned the handle on the board as well. The tires turned sideways, the front end dug in and he got pitched over it, face first onto the asphalt. His face looked like it was sandblasted. A couple people got up a collection and bought him a helmet with his name on it so he wouldn't hurt himself anymore.

The Truex's and I all graduated from Southern Regional H.S. in Manahawkin, NJ.

Joe Hall lived in Ormond Beach Florida and used to sit in the owners boxes with the Frances for the races when he was well enough to go.

Rich Lefever is my girlfriends brother-in-law.

And that concludes my Nascar history lesson for today.

Go Bass Pro Shops... :!:  :!:  :!:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

msuguydon

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

47 ragtop

And proud to be one!!

jaybee

No prediction here except that it doesn't appear that anyone can run with the Hendrick and Gibbs cars.  I will say that the new car seems to have brought handling back into the equation for the first time since the July race went to the night.  I see that as a good thing and may be the closest we get to "fixing" restrictor plate racing for now.  I'd like to see them have to back out of the gas to make the corners.  Even if the horsepower still had to be limited somehow that would go a long way toward breaking up the 180mph parking lot that causes so much trouble.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Bugpac

Id like to see them get rid of the plates all together, so we can see some 220 mph action... :D

Learpilot

Quote from: "msuguydon"
MR TUNA BOAT you better not move to Florida with that attitude !!!
Rick Harris

Bugpac

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)

msuguydon

You Might Be A NASCAR Redneck If...

You think the last four words of the National Anthem are "Gentleman, start your engines!"....

The word "bank" makes you think of turn three at Daytona....

You spell out NASCAR in Christmas lights....

You can change a tire faster than you can change a diaper....

You think the most effective form of advertising is on the side of a car going 200 mph.....round and round and round

you live in Dewitt

Bugpac

I'm definitely Red Neck, No tight panties, no neck tie, and definitely no Village people playing on the I pod as I set sail in the ocean Blue... :lol:

msuguydon

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Rayvyn"I like quite a few of the guys, but I'm partial to Martin Truex Jr.

His dad was a couple of years ahead of me in High School, and went on to race quite successfully on the northeast circuits before he gave up his ride to the kid.
The dad drove alot of modified class cars, and alot of people don't know this but Truex Sr. was the first driver to stop and help Ray Evernham get out of his crashed modified at Flemington Speedway in N.J. during a race. Evernham was burned badly in that wreck.

'Ya got out of Joisey just in time, Bry!

The Flemington Speedway has been shut-down for the last 4-5 years.  .....I went past it recently, and the sitework is being done for a new Walmart.

We also went South on  Rte 9  from Toms River to  Forked River.  ....Quite a few changes there, with lots of new commerical and residential development.  ......The last time I was in Manahawkin, it had also changed a lot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Bugpac

Im telling ya boys, Rowdy Bush Owns this one...

Carnut