Kudos for a manufacturer

Started by kb426, February 07, 2008, 06:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

This post is about my exp. with Autometer. Through out my drag racing career, I ruined many Autometer products from tire shake and other forms of abuse. I sent my junk in and they always repaired it in short order and very reasonable cost. The Golden oldie speedo in the deuce died with 4.5 miles on it. It was new in 2004. I had no invoice. Today, I received a new one, freight prepaid at no cost.  I've used their stuff for better than 20 years and have always been satisfied with their product and service.
TEAM SMART

EMSjunkie

Its nice to hear that "customer service" isn't dead......yet.

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

zzford

I want to let you all know about a product that I recently bought and installed on my coupe. My car had a Flaming River Vega style steering box that has been on it since I built the car about 8 years ago. The box had gotten increasingly sloppy. I adjusted it 2x, but it continued to lose adjustment. Now the car only had 12k or 15k miles on it. After much research, including here, I bought and installed a Unisteer rack and Pinion unit. What a dramatic difference! The car has never driven this nicely since new. It steers easier, it doesn't wander, it doesn't require near the steering input. I was alittle concerned after reading that the turning radius would suffer, but I found this to be negligable on my car. If I ever build another car, you can be sure it will have a Unisteer rack in it. And no, I don't have stock in Unisteer. Fred

brti

These are just the kind of feed back a guy needs to see more often,  doesn't matter if it's good or bad. I really appreciate the honesty. My dollars don't seem to go very far these days so any sort of feed back is great to me. :wink:
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later