This is interesting

Started by Dave, February 04, 2008, 07:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ran into this on egay and im a little dumbfounded.. Check it out .. Why do all the work for paint and no steering column hole or gauge holes etc etc.. Im not really buying the 30k invested here either .. If he has that much in it he got screwed some where... The seat aint gonna work either .. It may be a buy though as there is no reserve.. Hummm got me thinking now.. Thinking if he has that much invested someone is gonna help run the bid up..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

34ford

Looks like one of those invisible cars.  :shock:  Haven't seen one of them in a long time.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "34ford"Looks like one of those invisible cars.  :shock:  Haven't seen one of them in a long time.

I think"dumbfounded" is the key word in that post..... :shock:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

The link must be stored in his camera.
We all know how often he uses that... :P  :P  :P  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Bugpac

Quote from: "Rayvyn"The link must be stored in his camera.
We all know how often he uses that... :P  :P  :P  :D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Deuce

Quote from: "34ford"Looks like one of those invisible cars.  :shock:  Haven't seen one of them in a long time.

:D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1932-ford-three-window-coupe-high-boy_W0QQitemZ220198659542QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6057QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If he has 30 grand in it ... he was hosed ... with a big hose.

Cheap body and not much pretty stuff ( if any ) on the chassis. 50 dollar junk yard seat and cheap wheels too ... Anyone here with just a little looking could BUY all of this ... NEW ... for 15 grand. That leaves 15 grand for paint and what little assembly ...
He says 10 grand for paint ... must have done a LOT of blocking and sanding to get the cheap body halfway.

A big $$$ items has not yet been bought. Chrome windshield frame and the glass ... $800 or so ... Hood, grill shell Motor/transmission ... exhaust

And the rear frame was cut off so the fuel tank will be in the trunk  :cry:
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Bugpac

Hate to say it, but ill sell ya all of that for 11000... :D  And i still will be making money...

phat rat

Quote from: "jusjunk"Ran into this on Ebay and im a little dumbfounded.. Check it out .. Why do all the work for paint and no steering column hole or gauge holes etc etc.. Im not really buying the 30k invested here either .. If he has that much in it he got screwed some where... The seat aint gonna work either .. It may be a buy though as there is no reserve.. Hummm got me thinking now.. Thinking if he has that much invested someone is gonna help run the bid up..

Well I guess you'll be doing a run over there too lok at it. Right?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Bugpac

well i probaly would have to add a little for the rad, and stainless...so 12500... :D

Deuce

IF ... and I do mean IF  :)

He has 30 grand in the 3W ... I feel sorry for him. I see this all the time. Folks getting all excited about a new hobby or a new project and jumping in with both feet and not looking around. He may have hired everything done, and has lost interest or ran out of money.

D I V O R C E
also could be a big factor.

The car is so confused and has nothing really going for it.

:?
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

Jbird

You know, I don't think I've ever seen an invisible car  :?  :?

You guys obviously didn't read the listing very well, it says "DOLLORS" From the looks of it I'd say the exchange rate is about 3-1 "DOLLORS" to dollars. We'll have to keep an eye on it to see how long the hose gets.

Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Charlie Chops 1940

I'd be hard pressed  to bid that to 10K. The paint work is more or less a waste as so much fit and assembly work needs to be done that it will be  a real mess around the edges due to hanger rash before it even gets to the completed stage. I can't figure out why a guy would have all that finish work done in the beginning. I looked at the auction a couple times and there really isn't squat with it.

On the cheap, and I mean squeeze your nickels cheap, there's still 15K worth of stuff to buy. Thumbs down.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

chimp koose

I cant tell if the car is blue or purple .HEY VANCE a little help here!

Dave

Thanks for posting the link.. The ups guy came to pick up the seat cover that is going back to ezboy and i got busy and forgot to include the link  .. Nice young guy with a mustang and he asked if i had the car done yet as he had seen it in the dirve way so we headed for the garage for a show and tell!
Dave
:wink:  :arrow:

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"Hate to say it, but ill sell ya all of that for 11000... :D  And i still will be making money...

Well you better get busy .. Id stock a couple cause if you can really do it for 11 k your gonna sell a bunch lil buddy  :lol:  :lol: . Now dont forget he says stainless axle but it may be chrome with stainless hair pins and stuff .. Big money. I dont like the rearend and i cant tell if i like the way its mounted or not. The big downside of this car is like charlie said the paint would be junk before you finished the car..