the willys rolled out on its wheels today

Started by dragrcr50, February 02, 2008, 08:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

after 3 months it is rollin and painted, now i can assemble it and be ready to race in march , hello..............
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

kb426

TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Will the willys really wheely wildly? What are you running for drivetrain ? Racing in march,Bakersfield??Looks good!

dragrcr50

Quote from: "chimp koose"Will the willys really wheely wildly? What are you running for drivetrain ? Racing in march,Bakersfield??Looks good!
dunno, 454 730 roller, merlin heads 5500 converter, 400 turbo, 389 gear 9 inch ford, should run in the tens i think .........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Dave

dragrcr50

Quote from: "jusjunk"That is sweet..
Dave :!:  :arrow:
thanks dave, just a low buck hot rod but should serve me well i think,  lookin for hilborns and alcohol later in the year..prolly not gin however hehehe

UGLY OLDS

Quoteprolly not gin however hehehe

Dave's not picky....Long as it's free..... :P  :P  :wink:

Neat Willys...I like it .. :D  :D

Bob...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

rumrumm

It already looks mean and fast. I like it!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

jimcaf

Quote from: "dragrcr50"after 3 months it is rollin and painted, now i can assemble it and be ready to race in march , hello..............

That looks great,,,what brand of paint did you use for the satin black,,jim

dragrcr50

Quote from: "jimcaf"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"after 3 months it is rollin and painted, now i can assemble it and be ready to race in march , hello..............

That looks great,,,what brand of paint did you use for the satin black,,jim
its ppg acrylic enamel mixed 1 gallon with a quart of flatter agent. that way it is regular paint with flat look so it will last and is easy to clean...

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Ohio Blue Tip

Looking gooood, hope to see ya on the salt.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

dragrcr50

hey Ken, I hope to make it back . enjoyed hanging out with you guys in 06'   here is the willys now

Charlie Chops 1940

Nice work on the firewall Sam. You're gettin' the hang of it - LOL.

Ken and I were having a couple brews on our usual Friday night subversive plotting session and trying decide where else we want to go on the way to Bonneville this year. Too much highway - too little time.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

dragrcr50

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Nice work on the firewall Sam. You're gettin' the hang of it - LOL.

Ken and I were having a couple brews on our usual Friday night subversive plotting session and trying decide where else we want to go on the way to Bonneville this year. Too much highway - too little time.

Charlie
*, none of are safe with you two on the loose......
that firewall is some kool stuff, it is .040 aluminum withpowder coating on bosh sides, budweiser red (circle track supply stuff for making imca bodies.  covered in plastic both sides so you can break, bead roll etc and not hurt the paint.  decent price. im doing the whole inside in it...  plot on OLD GUYS, hehe