vacumm queston

Started by Bugpac, January 29, 2008, 07:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugpac

what is .o1 torr when referring to vacuum, frank?
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Bugpac

google is the answer duh....  .01 torr is 99 % vaccum, and 29.??? mercury, right?

enjenjo

If you say so, thats one of the things my brother knows. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Bugpac"what is .o1 torr when referring to vacuum, frank?

In  my line of work, torr equals atmospheric pressure.
any pressure above torr is positive pressure.
any presure below torr is negative pressure.
I use it alot with patients being mechanically ventilated.

I know that was absolutely no help, yet I felt compelled to reply :?  :roll:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Len....See if this helps....
:roll:  :roll:  :wink:
Bob...

Another important unit of measurement is millimeters of mercury, abbreviated mm Hg (Hg is the chemical symbol for mercury). Some texts refer to mm Hg by the term "torr," after the Italian Evangelista Torricelli (1608-1647), a pioneer in the measurement of atmospheric pressure; one mm Hg = one torr. Air pressure at sea level is 760 mm Hg (or 760 torr). In medicine and science, mm Hg is commonly used as the unit for partial pressures of gases.
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Len....See if this helps....
Bob...

Another important unit of measurement is millimeters of mercury, abbreviated mm Hg (Hg is the chemical symbol for mercury). Some texts refer to mm Hg by the term "torr," after the Italian Evangelista Torricelli (1608-1647), a pioneer in the measurement of atmospheric pressure; one mm Hg = one torr. Air pressure at sea level is 760 mm Hg (or 760 torr). In medicine and science, mm Hg is commonly used as the unit for partial pressures of gases.

Dear doctor Bob.. I had Ham and bean soup for lunch today and now I have a problem with excessive gaseous production.. What if any would be a good unit of approximate measurement to use while talking with my doctor..   :?:  :?:  :?:  Torr sounds good and I dont know if you know but mercury is illegal to use in the usa for testing now days.. Also I dont know s^&t about the metric system so how many mickey mouses per
rectal out burst would be too much  :?:
I read your column every day and although abby is my favorite your 2nd in line ..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:
ps: Dr phil is a QUACK

Charlie Chops 1940

Electrolux is the best for painting old hot rods...
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

tomslik

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Len....See if this helps....
Bob...

Dear doctor Bob.. I had Ham and bean soup for lunch today and now I have a problem with excessive gaseous production.. What if any would be a good unit of approximate measurement to use while talking with my doctor..   :?:  :?:  :?:  Torr sounds good and I dont know if you know but mercury is illegal to use in the usa for testing now days.. Also I dont know s^&t about the metric system so how many mickey mouses per
rectal out burst would be too much  :?:
I read your column every day and although abby is my favorite your 2nd in line ..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:
ps: Dr phil is a QUACK

you DO know you're contributing to greenhouse gases, don't ya?
al gore WILL be flying in to scold ya.....

anyway, this thread sucks....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

UGLY OLDS

Boy...Ya try to help a guy keep his Torr's under control & out of harms way ....See what ya get  :?:  :?:  :?:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Bugpac

btw, picked up a gast on ebay for 75.00 bux shipped, will pull 28.5 hg, more than what i need....the cfm isnt really high but thats what the shop vac is for, exhaust the bulk air in like 30 seconds then set the pump on....you guys will get first look at a real fiberglass car... :D

chimp koose

Bugpac are you going to try to vacuum mold your parts? I saw that done on a show called dream car garage ,the results are supposedly worth the extra effort.

Bugpac

Quote from: "chimp koose"Bugpac are you going to try to vacuum mold your parts? I saw that done on a show called dream car garage ,the results are supposedly worth the extra effort.

yes i am going to try, i cant vacuum the main body, but i can do all the components, I also am looking at infusion molding, were i lay it up dry, pull vacuum and the let the resin in via supply line, vacuum pulls the resin thru the dry glass, but thats down the road...