Team Smart, Jbird - Progress - Update

Started by msuguydon, January 27, 2008, 08:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"DRUM ROLL PLEASE...........

TAAAAAAA DA

Well its ok.. Not fabulous but ok.. Now get busy and neaten up that engine compartment. The yellow plug wires suck :!: If you use your head (ya i know iim asking a lot) with a little creativity them plug wires could be run under the headers and it would look a lot better... If you insist on keeping the yellow wires believe it or not GoJo works to clean them.. Come on your going to a car show and if your gonna represent the team with your brains and creativeness ya gotta get with the program.. Id like to see that radiator painted too..
Dave

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
ps: Look good :wink:  :arrow:

msuguydon

For the record I think its a huge step forward from the shiny value covers and big shiny round air cleaner.

I agree Dave and no offense taken.

All joking aside... my buddy had a very serious accident on his motorcycle a few years back, has pins, rods, in his leg and an artificial hip... he does not move very well and does not get up and down very well.  

There are a lot of things he wants to do to his car but his mobility restricts him, that just hit me like a ton of bricks this weekend.  It was the first time I worked on his car with him.  He cannot get under the car etc...   He relies on other people to help him so he does not get much done.

I agree, radiator needs to be painted.  Engine compartment cleaned up.  Headers repainted etc...

I think it's time to let the Tuna boat sit in dry dock a bit and work on Mike's car.

What is gojo??

What color of spark plug wires do you recommend?

Header paint, can they be powder coated.  Is there such a thing as high temp powder coat paint?  Or should I rattle can them?
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

GoJo = hand cleaner .. most parts places sell it.. ive used it a bunch of times for cleaning greasy wires and it worked great.. The headers can either be sprayed with header paint or the best bet but id do it after the show is send em out for coating..  Didnt know that about your buddy and you a good friend to help him out like this..  Being a biker and after sliding down the hiway on my * last summer i  hate to hear about guys like that but he is lucky some arent.. A good learning experience for you also. Your gonna be a real mechanic soon..  :lol: As far a spark plug wire color Don taylor makes just about every color now.. Really the yellow ones are fine and cleaned up should look dandy. hell ive got blue wires on my red motor :!:
Dave

phat rat

Well no wonder you guys are blood brothers. Blue or yellow wires on a red motor  :oops:  :oops:  :roll:  :roll: Seriously I know you want everything looking right but i think your running out of time aren't you? Getting all that done, new wires, headers and radiator painted and other detailing under the hood is going to take some time.  Why not leave the hood shut and make the scoop part of the display around the car?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

GPster

Quote from: "phat rat"Why not leave the hood shut and make the scoop part of the display around the car?
Or leave the hood closed and put the scoop on top of it and let everyone think that the motor has a blower on it. GPster

msuguydon

Or leave the hood open and to hell what people think  :D

Yes we are running out of time and work days... I think I will clean up the wires, see if I can run them under the headers.... Radiator and headers stay as is...

Bugpac

Quote from: "msuguydon"Or leave the hood open and the hell what people think  :D

don, that car looks far superior to some junk we seen at gr rapids show, I think dave will second that.... Your retired, you got plenty of time, get that radiator out of there today, and get your wire brush out and shoot some paint on er....go down to the local speed shop and get some wire looms to put them yeller wires in... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

msuguydon

Quote from: "Bugpac"
Quote from: "msuguydon"Or leave the hood open and the hell what people think  :D

don, that car looks far superior to some junk we seen at gr rapids show, I think dave will second that.... Your retired, you got plenty of time, get that radiator out of there today, and get your wire brush out and shoot some paint on er....go down to the local speed shop and get some wire looms to put them yeller wires in... :D

I RETIRED :!:  

When did that happen? :shock:

I didn't even get invited to my own retirement party!

At the moment under employeed, yes, a kept man, yes, retired NO..

Bugpac

Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "Bugpac"

I RETIRED :!:  

When did that happen? :shock:

I didn't even get invited to my own retirement party!

At the moment under employeed, yes, a kept man, yes, retired NO..

Sorry, thought you were retired...Guess you dont get the aarp discounts yet then eh? :D

msuguydon

Quote from: "Jbird"Cool car, my first selfbought car was a fifty Chevy fastback. It stayed stock, my dad woulda denutted me ifn I'da modified it. I got in a heap for taking off them old fogey fender skirts. Me and my Girlfriend both lost "something" in the back seat. Never could find it but we spent many a steamy evening lookin.
 J 8) bird

I decided to take a look in my buddies back seat to see if maybe "he lost" something in the back seat.... Not sure if he did or didn't.

All I could find was a pretty empty liquor bottle and some very Large blue balls.  :P

Bugpac

Quote from: "Jbird"Cool car, my first selfbought car was a fifty Chevy fastback. It stayed stock, my dad woulda denutted me ifn I'da modified it. I got in a heap for taking off them old fogey fender skirts. Me and my Girlfriend both lost "something" in the back seat. Never could find it but we spent many a steamy evening lookin.
 J 8) bird

I decided to take a look in my buddies back seat to see if maybe "he lost" something in the back seat.... Not sure if he did or didn't.

All I could find was a pretty empty liquor bottle and some very Large blue balls.  :P

He has obviously been married for some time then eh.... :D

Dave

Uh Oh here we go again  :!:  Leonard I said retarded not retired..
Geeze
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

Jbird

Quote from: "msuguydon"Or leave the hood open and to hell what people think  :D

Yes we are running out of time and work days... I think I will clean up the wires, see if I can run them under the headers.... Radiator and headers stay as is...

I think the one thing that would help your, obviously frazzled, state of mind is, if you told all these TS advisors to go french kiss a ducks *.
Just my 6.3 cents worth :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
     J 8) bird
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Rayvyn

Quote from: Jbird

I think the one thing that would help your, obviously frazzled, state of mind is, if you told all these TS advisors to go french kiss a ducks *.
Just my 6.3 cents worth :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
     J 8) bird

Now THAT'S animal cruelty... :evil:

Why scar a perfectly good duck for the rest of its life... :?:  :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

msuguydon

Dave I have been buring the midnight oil....

Better :?: