Roll call to babysit don at indy feb 8th

Started by Bugpac, January 25, 2008, 09:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"Just in case dave gets to cocktailed, lol....

And whats wrong with that  :?:  :?:  :?:
If I want i will.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I take it were rooming... Sweet .
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

msuguydon

First advice from Indy Guy....

I would suggest Rockville road. leave the fairgrounds ( bad neighborhood) and travel west on 38th street to insterstate 465 take that south towards the airport. Take exit 13A rockville road and there is three motels ny the sams club, one is the micro tell next to a bar that has cold beer and good food. New hotel and is in a good neighborhood.

Second piece of Advice.....

If it were up to me I would put them around 21st and Shadeland there are several of them there and the area is better than some.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"First advice from Indy Guy....

I would suggest Rockville road. leave the fairgrounds ( bad neighborhood) and travel west on 38th street to insterstate 465 take that south towards the airport. Take exit 13A rockville road and there is three motels ny the sams club, one is the micro tell next to a bar that has cold beer and good food. New hotel and is in a good neighborhood.

Second piece of Advice.....

If it were up to me I would put them around 21st and Shadeland there are several of them there and the area is better than some.

K............. I know where the airport is.. Were not far from where we stayed for good guys then i take it..
Ill wait for some more suggestions Don then ill do some map questing and stuff..
dave

Bugpac

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

msuguydon

Another suggestion:

Don,  if you haven't gotten any results from the other guys yet, go to hotelguidesus.com, then indianapolis, then hotels near Pepsi coliseum. it will then give you all the ones in the area and their price and distance from the fairgrounds. There are dozens within a 5 mile radius otherwise I would list them. But I think this way you can pick and choose for your own personal preference.
Good luck,

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"Another suggestion:

Don,  if you haven't gotten any results from the other guys yet, go to hotelguidesus.com, then indianapolis, then hotels near Pepsi coliseum. it will then give you all the ones in the area and their price and distance from the fairgrounds. There are dozens within a 5 mile radius otherwise I would list them. But I think this way you can pick and choose for your own personal preference.
Good luck,

Don Thanks buddy... Ill check them out later on today.. Ive gotta run to the auto parts store and menards and then ill be in the garage till prolly 5pm but ill get right on it when i get back in the house..
Dave

msuguydon

More Input...

Hey Don. I live about 5 minutes from the airport and this would be a convenient location for them to stay. It's about 1/4 mile from 70 and 20-25 minutes from the fairgrounds. A dennys and few other places to eat close by also.
Here is a list I compiled from the Indy yellow pages. All these hotels are at the airport.

Radisson hotel (goodguys host hotel)
1-317-244-3361
Laquinta Inn
1-317-244-8100
Fairfield Inn
1-317-244-1600
Days Inn
1-317-248-0621
Hampton Inn
1-317-247-9071
Courtyard by Marriott
1-317-247-5763
Holiday Inn Select
1-317-244-6861
Hyatt Place
1-317-227-0950
Holiday Inn Airport
reservations-1-800-465-4329

These are going to be all different prices so your friends will have to call and find out the room rates.Hope you and your friends have a good time at the show.

Bugpac

Bugpac

Don, I appreciate the efforts for room and board and such, I will not be able to make it, I picked up a small job to build some bodies for an off road car, Looks like ill be working instead... :D

Dave

Well Im not driving down alone so I have 2 choices and ive already asked sue to go but if we go we will prolly spend the evening and ill have to get someone to watch the dog. If i can pull that off in the next couple of days then im good to go. If not the other choice is work on the car.. leonard has to make money when he can this time of year so i appreciate him staying home and working..  I cant leave the dog here alone all day and part of the night so ill prolly ask my dog sitter on monday.. Id sure like to see that * scoop in person..
Dave  :wink:  :arrow:

msuguydon

Quote from: "jusjunk"Well Im not driving down alone so I have 2 choices and ive already asked sue to go but if we go we will prolly spend the evening and ill have to get someone to watch the dog. If i can pull that off in the next couple of days then im good to go. If not the other choice is work on the car.. leonard has to make money when he can this time of year so i appreciate him staying home and working..  I cant leave the dog here alone all day and part of the night so ill prolly ask my dog sitter on monday.. Id sure like to see that * scoop in person..

Don't feel like you have to break your neck to see the scoop.  I will make it available to see in person other times this year.

Dave

Don.. Im in.. Sue's mother is gonna come watch the dog so we will be leaving about 7 am next saturday morning and should be there about 11.. We are going to get a room and just spent the night.
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Jbird

I hope you children have a good time. Take a lots of pics, especially at the Roller Derby.  :wink:  :wink:  

Don, did you wash that towel?   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Dave

Quote from: "Jbird"I hope you children have a good time. Take a lots of pics, especially at the Roller Derby.  :wink:  :wink:  

Don, did you wash that towel?   Jbird 8)

I doubt if ill make the roller derby but ill have my camera with me at the show.. sounds like a good time..

enjenjo

Don't look like I am going to make it. something has come up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.