Any Plans for another Build day??

Started by KustomLincolnLady, May 27, 2004, 10:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KustomLincolnLady

Haven't heard for a while, are there any plans? What still needs to be done?   :wink:

enjenjo

Fenders, grille, insulation, latches, weatherstriping, details.

The grille is figured out, I have to cut a couple pieces, get some bending done, and assemble it.

The fenders, fiberglass, need a little reshaping to fit our tires, then mounted to the body.

This weekend is the holiday, I will be here all weekend, but I have things to do here. Next weekend I have plans saturday, but am available sunday. The following weekend is Indy. The weekend after is fathers day, there is a show here that sunday, but if someone wants to work, I'll pass on the show, and I'm available saturday.

The mini build we did last week worked good, I am willing to do that again if someone wants.

How is Robb with fiberglass?   :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"

How is Robb with fiberglass?   :roll:

He's as good with that as he is metal  :wink:  :lol:

we don't have anything going on this weekend, per say. possibly go to a show on sat afternoon. just so we have something to do. looks like your busy this weekend. maybe we can do next sunday too!

enjenjo

Well, I have three customer cars here, and I'd like to get at least two of them gone. Plus some yard work that has to be done. A week from sunday works for me. Or you could cruise over this weekend, pick up the fenders, and bring them back the next week.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I have three customer cars here, and I'd like to get at least two of them gone. Plus some yard work that has to be done. A week from sunday works for me. Or you could cruise over this weekend, pick up the fenders, and bring them back the next week.
I thought the story was " All I have to do is say the lawn needs mowed and start to take off my clothes and somebody jumps foreward and starts the mowing so that I don't have to". I've been checking down here for damaged fiberglass shower inclosures to get flat fiberglass panels to glue to those fenders to make them look like they came off a DeSoto but no luck. What we need is a company that repairs fiberglass boats. GPster

Fat Cat

Quote from: "GPster"I thought the story was " All I have to do is say the lawn needs mowed and start to take off my clothes and somebody jumps foreward and starts the mowing so that I don't have to".
GPster

He said we won't let him mow the lawn nekked. He has yard work to do. You know trimming trees, leveling dirt, stuff like that. He tried the "I'll do it nekked thing but it didn't go. :shock: We called his bluff and when he realised that he would have to run the chain saw with things flapping in the breeze he agreed to do his own work. 8)

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "enjenjo"Or you could cruise over this weekend, pick up the fenders, and bring them back the next week.

Why??  :roll:   :?  Do they want to go for a ride??? LOL

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Well, I have three customer cars here, and I'd like to get at least two of them gone. Plus some yard work that has to be done. A week from sunday works for me. Or you could cruise over this weekend, pick up the fenders, and bring them back the next week.
I thought the story was " All I have to do is say the lawn needs mowed and start to take off my clothes and somebody jumps foreward and starts the mowing so that I don't have to". I've been checking down here for damaged fiberglass shower inclosures to get flat fiberglass panels to glue to those fenders to make them look like they came off a DeSoto but no luck. What we need is a company that repairs fiberglass boats. GPster

Give me some cardboard some resin and matt and i can make em ! In fact my step daughters boyfriend works at a fiberglass shop in Ft Wayne .. Maybe thats Decatur but any way  I think I can score some stuff. Oh ya wax paper or saran wrap too .
Lemme see what I can do. I just dunno when I can get back down. Summer is here and lots to do. I hate to miss a build day though.
Ive made plenty of stuff from cardbaord and matt and resin and it works good. Just makes ya itch LOL.................
Dave  :roll:

enjenjo

Quote from: "N8DC"

Give me some cardboard some resin and matt and i can make em ! In fact my step daughters boyfriend works at a fiberglass shop in Ft Wayne .. Maybe thats Decatur but any way  I think I can score some stuff. Oh ya wax paper or saran wrap too .
Lemme see what I can do. I just dunno when I can get back down. Summer is here and lots to do. I hate to miss a build day though.
Ive made plenty of stuff from cardbaord and matt and resin and it works good. Just makes ya itch LOL.................

If I get the material up to you , are you volunteering?

HotRodLadyCrusr

Frank, if you meet me at the intersection of US 23 and I94 tomorrow (Sunday) at 11am with the materials, I'll drop them off at Dave's on my way to Kzoo for a graduation party.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

Looks like the next build day will be June 6, let me know if you'll be there so I can plan the work.

purplepickup

I'm going to try to make it.  If the weather's decent I want to ride my bike.  

I like the trailer builds.  It's  fun getting together at someone's shop instead of at a car show.
George

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"
Quote from: "N8DC"

If I get the material up to you , are you volunteering?

Gotta check my schedule. Ive got a 30 model a tudor comming to finish for a guy and im helping a friend with a 69 camaro also. Sorry I wasnt here sunday but we made our yearly trip to anderson indiana for the little 500. If the pictures come out ok i can verify that elvis is still alive and he is in anderson LOL. We were glad we went again and it was one of the best races we have seen there. Beer was cold and the food was good too.
Ill let you know if i can do the glass work and or make the next build. Im looking forward to getting this tudor to work on i could use some cash ...
Dave

enjenjo

QuoteIm looking forward to getting this tudor to work on i could use some cash ...

Thar's why I haven't had time to work on the BBQ :?

enjenjo

We are going to be working tomorrow, sunday,  on the trailer.