Tonites progress pics..

Started by Dave, January 23, 2008, 07:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

*... Test fitted the seat covers and there is no provisions for hog rings but they give you the rings and pliers in the kit. Like the street rodder article im adding wood to the frame to staple the covers to. I have some oak im using for filler on the edge of the door panels so ill use that to staple to also..
Heres some pics of the seat covers the seat frame and the door and kick panel on the drivers side and i still need to do some finish work there.. Oh ya there is also a pic of thr rear panel for the quarters and behind the seat without the seat..
Dave................. :arrow:

Jbird

Where's the 'lectric motor fer the  seat. Those heating elements look pretty thin. Sure is red.  J 8) bird
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Fuzzy

Looks good,Dave.Are you sayin' they didn't allow enough material to use hogrings.
No billet for this kid!

Dave

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Looks good,Dave.Are you sayin' they didn't allow enough material to use hogrings.

No look at the pics.. There isnt any place to attach em unless you wanna drill everyone..  :x  I shoulda took a pic of how the covers attached before i tore it apart. My Bad... They used a plastic channel stretched it and set in place if that makes any sense.. I have one or 2 left ill take a pic tomorrow. Ezboy could duplicate this i would think but im sure it would add cost..
Dinner is ready and im tired..
L8TR
Dave

Fuzzy

No billet for this kid!

Bugpac

cost probbaly would not be much different, just drill the * holes and hog wring it, lol...
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

Bugpac

you still got time to adjust them hinges, My mold is setup for stockers, pockets and the indent in the outer skin is there, ordered me a set today... :D

EMSjunkie

Looks pretty good 8)

Sue's gonna look great drivin' around in it :wink:

I wanna see a drag race between you and KB426  :D

maybe at the HAMB Drags this year :idea:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

kb426

What's the deal with middle of the week pics? You trying to make me look bad? :lol:
TEAM SMART

Dave

Quote from: "kb426"What's the deal with middle of the week pics? You trying to make me look bad? :lol:

Hell yes I am  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: I figure I got a bad enuff reputation around here so its your turn in the bucket.. Ha... Actually Bill on my last post Bugpac was whining that there wasnt any pics so tonite i grabbed the camera on the way out to the garage.. I almost forgot to take pics again.. :idea:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Dave

Quote from: "Bugpac"cost probbaly would not be much different, just drill the * holes and hog wring it, lol...

The other problem is the steel is all double wall and it would be a PIA to drill and also you would never be able to pull the fabric tight enuff doing it that way...
Dave

Dave

Well the bottom is all done cept the smooth part at the end of the seat near the dash is sewn crooked.. I put in an email to Jerry at ezboy's and we will see what he can do.. The back looks good but its gonna take some batting to smooth out the very top panel.. Ill work on than tomorrow.. I have taken more pics to show what it takes to make all this work but im not gonna post em till prolly this weekend. leonard has been bothering me so when im not working im trying to straighten him out and that may take a while  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Msuguydon............ your S^&T is weak were comming to indy for the car show... You better have money for cocktails..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bugpac

I think don should buy dinner, since frank you and myself have to drive 200 miles to give him moral support... :D

msuguydon

Quote from: "Bugpac"I think don should buy dinner, since frank you and myself have to drive 200 miles to give him moral support... :D

Errrr why do I need moral support??? you are the guys that are curious to meet the Tuna Boat Captain.. not the other way around...

When are you coming?? Sat or Sunday?

Saturday is my birthday... and I am going to roller derby... after spending the day at the show...

I will have my "niece" with me.. hope thats not a problem and maybe a munchkin or two
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Bugpac

Well its a 4hr drive for us, Im thinking we will be booking by dinner time, 530 6 ish...roller derby probably wont be in the agenda... :D