Vacuum port for a brake booster

Started by oiler, January 22, 2008, 09:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oiler

I've got a 3 deuce Offy intake for my nailhead but I need some advice on where to tap into it for a 3/8 port for a brake booster
On top is out of the question (no room at all)
For those that don't know it's open under the intake with a valley pan
I could drill into the back or underneath
Just wondering if I drill into the bottom would I end up with fuel in the line
(I think so)
I also need a port for a pcv so does anyone know of a 2 port vacuum tee with 3/8 nipples on them
Thanks
Jeff

enjenjo

I would drill in the back, intall a  Tee and use that. Make sure it will clear the distributor. Don't use the bottom.

If you are using 2GC carbs, some of the bases are tapped 1/4" pipe in the rear of the base for PVC/Brake booster.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

just a side thought....

on most fwd cads 82 and up   there are electric vacuum pumps hidden in front of the drivers side tire in or under the inner fender...

there are at least two types...  look at the power brake booster...  some have a second hole in the front for the vacuum switch...  and some with a vacuum switch in the top of the vacuum pump its self... these are designed to assist the engine in making enough vacuum to supply the brake power booster... so the engine sucks through these...  but many motors just dont make enough vacuum to give the soft pedal the customers want and need...

they can be used on their own and hidden.. they do come on an isolated bracket to limit sound transmission ........